Addicted to camming

Cloud1234

I've been broadcasting myself on webcam sites on and off for over 13 years now. I can't believe the number of times I've tried to quit and failed. Every time I try I feel like I've finally drawn a line under it, only to find myself doing it again days or weeks later. I'm undeniably happier and more at ease when I'm not doing it, but any resistance I thought I had just vanishes. I can't keep doing it. Writing a journal is a step I've yet to try, so hopefully this will help.

Fappy

Respected Member
Warning issues. Some text removed.
So you film yourself doing something (fapping or something similar i assume), then upload it and this gets you off? You mean you watch yourself and get some type of stimulation from it?
I wholeheartedly agree that you cant keep doing it, one it seems to be ruining your sense of joy in life. Are you hvaing any symptoms associated with PIED?

Last edited by a moderator:

mpj86

and two its creepy as fuck.

I don't think that's particularly helpful.

I can relate to the OP - PMO for me started as just watching but developed into taking pics and vids of myself and uploading them to various sites. I guess it was just the brain's search for something new to stimulate it after years of conventional PMO.

It doesn't seem particularly common on these forums so I just wanted to reply to let you know that at least someone else has had the same experience. I agree that it needs to stop as it's just as damaging as normal PMO.

EarthWalker

Respected Member
What is helping me a great deal is trying to source the underlying belief and need. What in my belief and value system is making me do this? What need am I trying to fill?

Good luck
EW

Sliced

Fappy just trolls these forums. Presumably for his own enjoyment.

Shameful comment like that wont help you in this journey. Sorry that happened to you on here. Please dont let it put you off.

Chris1986

I've been broadcasting myself on webcam sites on and off for over 13 years now. I can't believe the number of times I've tried to quit and failed. Every time I try I feel like I've finally drawn a line under it, only to find myself doing it again days or weeks later. I'm undeniably happier and more at ease when I'm not doing it, but any resistance I thought I had just vanishes. I can't keep doing it. Writing a journal is a step I've yet to try, so hopefully this will help.
Welcome to the nation and congratulations on taking further steps towards a healthier you.
You have taken s big step seeking help from outside of yourself.
I struggled for about 20 years constantly managing to stop for a while but finding myself back doing it.
Yourself and I kept going back cause we never addressed WHY we were doing it.
Addictions stem from pain. What is your pain? It may be a harder question to answer than you originally think. I k on it was and still is for me but I am still working through my stuff.
Use the forums but also educate yourself as much as you can on addiction.
Try and figure your triggers. Work on self love and practice mindfulness. Maybe try speaking to people you can trust in the real world?
I started SAA recently and its helpful. Not 100% sold on it but giving it ago.
These are just suggestions though. This is your journey and you need to take the steps that you feel are right for you when you are ready.