5+ months Reboot seeking help ?

Stiffy999

As I said I'm 5+ months into my reboot and still need more time to recover.It is crazy how many good days and bad days I've had so far but as they say it is a rollercoaster drive afterall.I've read a lot of success stories and there is one thing that really confuses me about most of them - Many healed guys mentioned that they had been able to have sex consistently after approximately 7-9 months but that they couldn't get it up with touch alone before reaching 1-1.5 years mark.What bothers me there,is that my case is totally the opposite - I can easily get it up with touch alone or if my girlfriend touches it(I lose it pretty quickly after stimulation is stopped) but I'm still not able have sex with her...Is that normal thing,I'm really worried about it ?

Cp6uH

Well bro it is a little bit strange but to me it seems like that maybe you didn't use any strange masturbation techniques and that you regained sensitivity in your penis.However you still need more time to recover as do I.So don't lose hope and wish you all the best !

PKCowned

As I said I'm 5+ months into my reboot and still need more time to recover.It is crazy how many good days and bad days I've had so far but as they say it is a rollercoaster drive afterall.I've read a lot of success stories and there is one thing that really confuses me about most of them - Many healed guys mentioned that they had been able to have sex consistently after approximately 7-9 months but that they couldn't get it up with touch alone before reaching 1-1.5 years mark.What bothers me there,is that my case is totally the opposite - I can easily get it up with touch alone or if my girlfriend touches it(I lose it pretty quickly after stimulation is stopped) but I'm still not able have sex with her...Is that normal thing,I'm really worried about it ?
Yes, it’s normal. Yes, you need more time. I am now able to have sex without ED medication with my fiancé, it takes a few minutes of foreplay but it works, and I am now pushing through month 7 with no PMO and I have M’d like 4 times. I still cannot get hard with just simply touching myself — but check this out;

you really shouldn’t be touching yourself again, hard mode mentality for the rest of your life as you a predisposed to PMO. Think about it, you wouldn’t normally play with yourself for a while before you have sex (not counting mutual masturbation), so using the getting yourself hard without imaginary stimulation isn’t really a metric you should use to judge your recovery. If your girlfriend is beginning to make you hard, it means you are on the right track.

yea it might be a few more months, but stay the course

Stiffy999

Yes, it’s normal. Yes, you need more time. I am now able to have sex without ED medication with my fiancé, it takes a few minutes of foreplay but it works, and I am now pushing through month 7 with no PMO and I have M’d like 4 times. I still cannot get hard with just simply touching myself — but check this out;

you really shouldn’t be touching yourself again, hard mode mentality for the rest of your life as you a predisposed to PMO. Think about it, you wouldn’t normally play with yourself for a while before you have sex (not counting mutual masturbation), so using the getting yourself hard without imaginary stimulation isn’t really a metric you should use to judge your recovery. If your girlfriend is beginning to make you hard, it means you are on the right track.

yea it might be a few more months, but stay the course
Well it is odd...sometimes I can get hard while I hang with her sometimes can't.Last 30 days I could only get a bit hard with her(max 20-30%) and had exactly 0 MW which is really frustrating since it used to be regular thing from the beginning of reboot.

casanova

5 months hardmode (no O)?
Usually MW starts again latest around 60 days MW.

I'm 175 days without PMO and 74 days without O, having MW everyday. Before reboot I had MW 1-2 times per month only.

My journal is "100+ days and still no libido" and 30-39 years old forum.

Stiffy999

5 months hardmode (no O)?
Usually MW starts again latest around 60 days MW.

I'm 175 days without PMO and 74 days without O, having MW everyday. Before reboot I had MW 1-2 times per month only.

My journal is "100+ days and still no libido" and 30-39 years old forum.
It wasn't hard mode all the way I did MO 3 or 4 times but last 3 months I was on hardmode.My MW came back in a first week or so of my reboot and was pretty consistent(approximately 5/7 days during the week) after that.But last 30 days I didn't have any MW at all and it worries me too much and the fact that I can get hard touching myself as I explained above.

Cp6uH

It wasn't hard mode all the way I did MO 3 or 4 times but last 3 months I was on hardmode.My MW came back in a first week or so of my reboot and was pretty consistent(approximately 5/7 days during the week) after that.But last 30 days I didn't have any MW at all and it worries me too much and the fact that I can get hard touching myself as I explained above.
Well if you ask me I can say that flatline hit you hard since you can't get aroused with your partner and have 0 MW.Trust the proccess,wish you all the best

casanova

Do you wake up horny when you have morning wood?
What about your libido and desire during the day? Has it recovered yet? What u mean is your desire to have sex, sex thoughts would entertain you ect???
Not horny. Sometimes a bit horny, but not much. It's strange, sometimes I wake up with a rock hard MW erection, but not feeling horny at all. It's a big progress tough, it should come naturally.

You know there is a huge difference on a streak hardmode (no O), and soft mode (with MO). I'd suggest you to be sure of how many days/weeks you're on a strict hard mode streak. Things only started to get better for me after 70 days hardmode. Before that, it's a rollercoster swinging between flatlines. Even after 60 days hardmode, I still had terrible flatlines as yours, days with dead penis. You certainly had it too, right? Feels like the penis wants to hide inside of you, like a turtle head. Terrible. Mood goes very bad as well. But when it happens the worst to do is to MO. You might be only 10-20 days away from the next phase on your reboot (the one I am, with consistent MW 6/7 per week).

If I can give you an important tip: practice HIIT sports everyday (something like 100 squats per day, or some sprint session, weight lifting - anything that hurts and burn your muscles intensely), and then 2 hours before sleep turn off all your electronic devices. Start sleeping between 10-11PM every night, and don't check your phone before 9AM. I'm more and more convinced that smartphones plays a strong role on our PIED as well. So allow your brain to wind down 2 hours before sleeping (grab a book instead, do sports, take shower, do 'real' stuffs without electronics). It regulates the dopamine receptors and allow your brain to feel bored and tired before sleeping. It will help you a lot to dream more often, and trust me, that is what will help the most bringing your MW back. If your daily phone usage is more than 3 hours, trust me, it's one of the main reasons you're the whole month with MW.

Well if you ask me I can say that flatline hit you hard since you can't get aroused with your partner and have 0 MW.Trust the proccess,wish you all the best
I agree. Trust the process Stiffy. Sports, health sleep, hardmode and in 2 weeks you'll see improvement already.

By the way here my own journal in case someone is interested:
https://forum.rebootnation.org/index.php?threads/20169/

PKCowned

I wanna add to what Casanova posted, maintaining strict HM in my opinion causes two real flatlines. The first is when your brain increasing the strength of the PMO pathways when you first stop PMO (weeks 2-4) before it begins shrinking then. Then as those pathways shrink and you move into the withdrawal and healing phase, your brain naturally down regulates the way it creates pleasure chemicals. It then exists in a suspended state that can last for a few months (flatline 2 is months 3-6) where it learns to build up new pathways in your brain (rewiring).

I would gather you are in the second and more powerful flatline. The second one is grueling and it’s where most people give up. Just keep pushing through and you will be out of it someday. My second flatline lasted for about 3 months and I would say I’m now pretty much past it.

Stiffy999

Not horny. Sometimes a bit horny, but not much. It's strange, sometimes I wake up with a rock hard MW erection, but not feeling horny at all. It's a big progress tough, it should come naturally.

You know there is a huge difference on a streak hardmode (no O), and soft mode (with MO). I'd suggest you to be sure of how many days/weeks you're on a strict hard mode streak. Things only started to get better for me after 70 days hardmode. Before that, it's a rollercoster swinging between flatlines. Even after 60 days hardmode, I still had terrible flatlines as yours, days with dead penis. You certainly had it too, right? Feels like the penis wants to hide inside of you, like a turtle head. Terrible. Mood goes very bad as well. But when it happens the worst to do is to MO. You might be only 10-20 days away from the next phase on your reboot (the one I am, with consistent MW 6/7 per week).

If I can give you an important tip: practice HIIT sports everyday (something like 100 squats per day, or some sprint session, weight lifting - anything that hurts and burn your muscles intensely), and then 2 hours before sleep turn off all your electronic devices. Start sleeping between 10-11PM every night, and don't check your phone before 9AM. I'm more and more convinced that smartphones plays a strong role on our PIED as well. So allow your brain to wind down 2 hours before sleeping (grab a book instead, do sports, take shower, do 'real' stuffs without electronics). It regulates the dopamine receptors and allow your brain to feel bored and tired before sleeping. It will help you a lot to dream more often, and trust me, that is what will help the most bringing your MW back. If your daily phone usage is more than 3 hours, trust me, it's one of the main reasons you're the whole month with MW.

I agree. Trust the process Stiffy. Sports, health sleep, hardmode and in 2 weeks you'll see improvement already.

By the way here my own journal in case someone is interested:
https://forum.rebootnation.org/index.php?threads/20169/
Thanks for the tips,it means a lot.I've been doing a lot of sports last 3-4 weeks almost every day - tennis,basketball or if everyone is busy or won't play I go solo jogging until I feel I'm really exhausted.I stopped having dinner so my last meal is around 4,5,6PM and because of that I've lost 3 kilos in that time.Also I'm on hardmode for 3+ months,around 100 days I'd say I really didn't count but I must admit that I spend much more than 3 hours on my phone on daily basis and sleep late at night... Let's see in 2 weeks what happens I will give it a try.Moreover,I need to mention that my penis isn't shriveled or cold and didn't change colors but all others symptoms can be connected with flatline(anhedonia,insomnia,zero libido and morning wood,brain fog,sadness).

Stiffy999

I wanna add to what Casanova posted, maintaining strict HM in my opinion causes two real flatlines. The first is when your brain increasing the strength of the PMO pathways when you first stop PMO (weeks 2-4) before it begins shrinking then. Then as those pathways shrink and you move into the withdrawal and healing phase, your brain naturally down regulates the way it creates pleasure chemicals. It then exists in a suspended state that can last for a few months (flatline 2 is months 3-6) where it learns to build up new pathways in your brain (rewiring).

I would gather you are in the second and more powerful flatline. The second one is grueling and it’s where most people give up. Just keep pushing through and you will be out of it someday. My second flatline lasted for about 3 months and I would say I’m now pretty much past it.
It is interesting topic and I understand what you want to say.When I started my reboot my dick was going crazy like when I lightly kiss my girlfriend on the cheek I would get erection plus it was so hard to resist temptation to MO but I resisted and I thought "yeah fuck that 90 days I'm healed now".Suddenly it stopped working after about 10 days and from that moment on what I felt mostly was flatline with some cool periods where my willy responded but this now is really horrible. Imagine having 0 full erections in 30 days unless touching yourself...Also that is a weird part,I can't get hard with my imagination but if I touch myself a bit I can even think about things as stupid as where I parked my car and still get erection.Maybe try MO to kick start my libido as Gabe Deem said or to keep hardmode ?

casanova

Stiffy, keep hardmode. No MO. Focus on less screen time, especially two hours before and after sleep. Give it a try, and let us know in two weeks what changed. I'd be interest to know if you manage to have vivid dreams doing so too. With so much more than 3 hours day screen time I assume you're not dreaming. Focus on it and soon you're out of this flatline. Keep us posted, all the best there!

Stiffy999

Stiffy, keep hardmode. No MO. Focus on less screen time, especially two hours before and after sleep. Give it a try, and let us know in two weeks what changed. I'd be interest to know if you manage to have vivid dreams doing so too. With so much more than 3 hours day screen time I assume you're not dreaming. Focus on it and soon you're out of this flatline. Keep us posted, all the best there!
Hey bro,you bet I will try it I've got nothing to lose ! Well not starting today obviously because now I'm here on RN.com but starting tomorrow.Also I must point out that you are right I rarely have any dream(totally makes sense because of my screen time) but trust me when I do,it is so vivid and real experience, that when I wake up I need like 10-20 seconds to realize that it was just a dream.
Thank you Casanova and everybody here on this thread for reading and helping me out.You guys are my only source of hope besides my supportive girlfriend and I really appreciate everything you told me! Wish you all best of luck and I can't wait the moment where we all chat in the thread of Success Stories.

Hey, everyone!
This is a really interesting thread.
Stiffy, my story is very similar to you, man! I'm currently at 4 months hard-mode. I used to have 11-12 days of regular MW and now I haven't had one in some time. I will honestly say that it does feel like things are getting worse.The only redeeming factor that I have noticed is that the duration for which the MW stays after standing up has gradually increased for me as evidenced in the rare ones that I've got past few weeks.

But about this I really think PKCowned's argument about the second, more gruelling flatline may be true and it might be possible that we're in that one. Even in Doidge's book "The Brain that changes itself" he says that neurological rewiring in stroke patients had phases of 'flatlines'. During retraining them after a stroke it would be like for two weeks they would be making tremendous progress with walking/talking and for the next month or so they would plateau or even regress. Some doctors gave up on them during these 'flatlines'. But the ones who didn't , reported that these phases of flatlines were temporary and the patients trajectory was upward-moving after the 'flatlines' end. Doidge calls these 'flatlines' the consolidating phases. During the non flatlines' our brains receive all the new neural mapping and disintegrates the older ones. And in the flatline phases our brains consolidate and "revise" this information thus a period of seeming inactivity. But it only helps in strengthening the newly acquired brain training.

I couldn't agree more with Casanova's argument about smartphones and PIED. This is an observation I have made too. I don't know if this hypothesis can be proven or not but the days that I indulge too much in YouTube or anything(even the forums) I would most certainly not get a morning wood the next day. Whereas the days I simply enjoyed, relaxed and had fun with family without my phone, would result in good MWs. So cutting down screen time is something I have also been trying to prioritise.

And CP6uh, Yes man we just need more time. We're all just learning collectively a lession in patience and hope. Hope is a good thing, and no good thing ever dies!

Stiffy999

Hey guys a little update here.I eliminated yt from my life and use of social media(I use it only to chat with my gf or to organize hanging out with my friends).I kept doing sports every day and hanging out every day not using social media or yt and I got a lot of positive results.Morning wood and better libido and it all culminated with the nocturnal emission which was the hugest load of my life - my underwear were completely wet on the front and I didn't even have a dream nor do I remember that happening,I've just woken up completely wet and went to take a shower.Then for 2 days I was so horny I literally got erection from holding hands with my GF and it all looked great but today was very bad day no MW,no erections again so I guess those 2 days were chaser effect horniness and I'm back in flatline now.Wish me luck I keep going strong !