Rock Bottom...

Hi @SLT1978, that's excellent, keep up the good work. I'm on day 14 myself. The next 2 weeks will be difficult as I am travelling for work and will be alone in a hotel room quite often. Things with my wife have improved, she is willing to move past this, and we are talking and sleeping in the same room again. Although I could feel my resolve loosen slightly once the constant worry regarding her possibly leaving eased up, I know that this is prime time to slip back into old habits. So, I am going to continue to walk this path no matter what, until these urges start to fade into the background and I'm hopeful we will be able to have a normal sex life once this is out of my system. I am grateful she has not given up on me but I know if I slip up again that will be the end of us. I'm also doing this for my own well being and self esteem, which has really taken a beating over the last few years. Have a great day everyone.

SLT1978

Day 16 - 14th January 2022
Another positive day. Working hard and keeping motivated. No intrusive thoughts and feeling much happier.
Had opportunities today as my wife was out working and previously would have been an ideal time - but I managed to focus on my work and just get on with things.

SLT1978

Day 17 - 15th January 2022
Had another good Saturday with the family. Had a a sort out of old bits and pieces in the house and a tidy up as well. Always helps to clear a cluttered mind! Cooked dinner for the family in the evening. No intrusive thoughts and continuing to go to bed at a reasonable time, when my wife goes to bed. Making things a whole lot easier and so nice not to wake up in the morning with the feelings of guilt and self-loathing.

SLT1978

Day 18 - 16th January 2022
I am now officially on my longest stint of not "acting out" in years. It feels good to have reached a landmark of sorts. Have written todays entry and the last two entries pretty much back to back. I thought about skipping a few days but decided against it as it's really helping keep things in check. Been out for a cycle ride with some friends this morning - helps to clear the head - and then did some crafts with my son when I got back. Watched a film this afternoon after an early dinner and helped my daughter with some homework. Now I've hit a milestone, I want to see how far this can go...watch this space.

SLT1978

Hi @SLT1978, that's excellent, keep up the good work. I'm on day 14 myself. The next 2 weeks will be difficult as I am travelling for work and will be alone in a hotel room quite often. Things with my wife have improved, she is willing to move past this, and we are talking and sleeping in the same room again. Although I could feel my resolve loosen slightly once the constant worry regarding her possibly leaving eased up, I know that this is prime time to slip back into old habits. So, I am going to continue to walk this path no matter what, until these urges start to fade into the background and I'm hopeful we will be able to have a normal sex life once this is out of my system. I am grateful she has not given up on me but I know if I slip up again that will be the end of us. I'm also doing this for my own well being and self esteem, which has really taken a beating over the last few years. Have a great day everyone.
Hey @Nick Dills, it sounds as though we're on this path together. Not sure where in the world you are (US/UK/Elsewhere) but keep strong over the next two weeks while your working away. You can do it - you just need to not give yourself the opportunity. Read a book, go for a walk, go grab a coffee somewhere, pick up the phone and speak to your wife. Just change your routine if you feel the urge is getting too much. Keep going down this path you have chosen. The alternative will only lead to unhappiness and it's just not worth it...I have every faith in you. Be strong brother....

SLT1978

18th Jan 2022 - Day 20
I can’t quite believe I’ve made it to 20 days without any acting out or P. Six weeks ago I wouldn’t have thought this was possible. Sharing with others has helped massively. Completing this daily journal is good too.

Tryinghere

18th Jan 2022 - Day 20
I can’t quite believe I’ve made it to 20 days without any acting out or P. Six weeks ago I wouldn’t have thought this was possible. Sharing with others has helped massively. Completing this daily journal is good too.
Keep it up my dude! You're almost to a month!

guitar1968

19th Jan 2022 - Day 21 - Three weeks...
Another positive day and feeling good that I've made it to another milestone. Feeling so much better than I have done in a long time. Getting more done, and being present when my wife and kids are around. Life is good at the moment...
Congratulations. I just read your thread. It's a tough road, but you seem to have the right mindset. I'm back here after some very long and successful months and then some failures. But, I'm back and I'm going to keep coming back.

Stay strong.

SLT1978

20th January 2022 - Day 22
Another day down...some mild intrusive thoughts, almost like I deserve a "reward" for going three weeks but didn't act upon it and got on with work and picked up the phone and spoke to people. Feeling good, feeling strong...

Oldnewguy

19th Jan 2022 - Day 21 - Three weeks...
Another positive day and feeling good that I've made it to another milestone. Feeling so much better than I have done in a long time. Getting more done, and being present when my wife and kids are around. Life is good at the moment...
We’ll done. You are doing great

SLT1978

21st, 22nd, 23rd January 2022 - Days 23, 24 & 25…
Been a busy few days over the weekend. Working, out on Friday evening then spent the weekend with my family. Feeling so much more relaxed than I have done in such a long time and having fun with my wife and kids. I’ve missed out on so much but am definitely making up for it now…
Hope those that have been in touch through this thread are doing ok…

Oldnewguy

21st, 22nd, 23rd January 2022 - Days 23, 24 & 25…
Been a busy few days over the weekend. Working, out on Friday evening then spent the weekend with my family. Feeling so much more relaxed than I have done in such a long time and having fun with my wife and kids. I’ve missed out on so much but am definitely making up for it now…
Hope those that have been in touch through this thread are doing ok…
Hey man nice job. Sounds like you are really having some nice benefits. Keep it up!

SLT1978

Day 26 - 24/01/2022
Another day down and another successful day completed. Spent the day out and about for work which kept my mind occupied. Got home and spent some quality time with my family in the evening. Thoughts started creeping in the evening after my wife had gone to bed but rather than succumbing to those thoughts, I went to bed as well. I've worked too hard to get to 26 days to throw it all away for some instant gratification. Im going to keep going...(y)

SLT1978

26/01/2022 - Day 28 - Four weeks
I've made it to four weeks and am so pleased to reach this milestone...so much has changed over the past four weeks. I'm feeling happier and more engaged with family life. I feel like I have been given my life back. Talking to others has helped massively and having that feeling of accountability and of others being there for me is such a big thing. If you can talk to someone, do...