Icey

Hello! The reason of why prone masturbation is so bad resides on the fact that the levels of friction and the possible consequential pleasure are higher than the ones in a normal sexual intercourse. Your brain will progressively get used to that stimulus and because its very hard / impossible to recreate it with a partner the probability of sexual insatisfaction and it's problems start to arise.

Hello! The reason of why prone masturbation is so bad resides on the fact that the levels of friction and the possible consequential pleasure are higher than the ones in a normal sexual intercourse. Your brain will progressively get used to that stimulus and because its very hard / impossible to recreate it with a partner the probability of sexual insatisfaction and it's problems start to arise.
Have you recovered from prone masturbation? If so, how long did it take you?

It seems that the recovery time to rewire from prone masturbation is much longer than PIED. I'm currently in the process of recovery, I started prone at a young age and it destroyed my sexual health...

Icey

Maybe I don’t even understand what it’s referring to. Are we talking about humping your mattress?
No, you are understanding it correctly. Prone masturbation is exactly that, humping your matress belly down, the pleasure comes from the friction of the penis with the mattress and-or the belly. It can be done with a pillow under the penis as well.

Icey

Have you recovered from prone masturbation? If so, how long did it take you?

It seems that the recovery time to rewire from prone masturbation is much longer than PIED. I'm currently in the process of recovery, I started prone at a young age and it destroyed my sexual health...
No, I haven't done any form of prone masturbation. Although I'm currently recovering from a pretty bad masturbation habit of 7 to 14 times a week. I progressively decreased my masturbation habit from 7 to 3 to 1 time a week and currently I am at 2 weeks without self sexual stimulation.

Being honest if you started with prone at young age it will take a long time for your penis to re-develope a normal level of sensation when you recieve a sexual stimulus, from all I know PIED takes from a week up to three months to fully recover. But in your case I suppose it will take at least 2 months. Taking into account I'm no formal expert at this sexual subject I would recommend you to seek professional help and, most importantly, to stay strong and committed to the recovery.
Following this road is hard, but, if not the only one, it is I believe the most effective on the healing of your sexual life