My Journal

arandomguy

Day 25 - woke up quite early today (5.30am is eeeaarly for me). Trying to adjust to sleeping early (before 11.30pm) so that I switch to early mornings. I've always been a night owl but trying to adjust for several significant reasons. P happens to be among them. Night times, despite my insistence to the contrary for a long time, are particularly tempting.
I hope this change helps me wholesomely. Looking forward to keeping at it.

arandomguy

Day 28 - moving! Looking forward to 30 days and the next after that. This time it's felt easy.. although it really hasn't. I think knowing what one has to lose really helps with these - and many other such - journeys. It has been tremendously helpful the past 28 days.

arandomguy

Day 29 - been feeling quite low today. Church service plus many convos after cheered me up but low still. Today was hard when I went back home..but taking a nap helped with that. Woke up feeling low but without the urges.. praying has helped as I'm feeling quite a bit better now.
I'll keep myself busy with work now until I sleep.

FiveFortyFour

Day 29 - been feeling quite low today. Church service plus many convos after cheered me up but low still. Today was hard when I went back home..but taking a nap helped with that. Woke up feeling low but without the urges.. praying has helped as I'm feeling quite a bit better now.
I'll keep myself busy with work now until I sleep.

I feel that, man. Remember, God's nearness isn't based on our feelings, but on His steadfast love. He is as close to you as is light to fire. Trust in Him, acknowledge Him in all things, and he will straighten your path. :)

arandomguy

Day 30! This sure feels nice. We made it to 30 💪🏾 and I def don't take that for granted. The next thirty await..and march on we shall. Thanks to everyone on here who's been part of this journey this far. I appreciate you all!

arandomguy

Day 31 - tough day. This evening especially has been hard. Found myself reading a sexual health article and almost went downhill after that. Just checked out minutes ago and planning to sleep straight away. Feeling really weak.
Tough reminder of how easy it is to slip up and go back to day 1.

arandomguy

Day 33 - since day 30 it's been quite tough. Not too sure why for now. But it's been a constant battle with close calls - like yesternight. Pressing on though and I'll try to stick to early nights.

FiveFortyFour

Sounds rough, mate. But know that better times are ahead, and that it does get easier than it is right now. Just bear through this tough spot a little longer and soon enough your body and brain will adapt to their situation.

Day 33 - since day 30 it's been quite tough. Not too sure why for now. But it's been a constant battle with close calls - like yesternight. Pressing on though and I'll try to stick to early nights.
Congratulations on making it past 30! That's awesome.

That's rough that it's getting harder, but I'm impressed that you've made it through three long hard days of feeling tempted. Take the rest one day at a time.

arandomguy

Day 37 - it's been four days without journalling and I have much to say but I'm too tired rn. So just an update that I'm still going without P and feeling much better now, but also that I slipped up and felt really bad about it.
I'll post more tomorrow hopefully.

arandomguy

Day 38 - M'd again today. I M'd last week during a low time and that set off a bad precedent. I want to completely avoid PMO.
I'm grateful P hasn't been in the picture but I know once M becomes consistent, it's only a matter of time until P rears its ugly head again.
That aside, I still hate MO now.
Hoping to move on from this without stumbling further.

alrevenant

Day 38 - M'd again today. I M'd last week during a low time and that set off a bad precedent. I want to completely avoid PMO.
I'm grateful P hasn't been in the picture but I know once M becomes consistent, it's only a matter of time until P rears its ugly head again.
That aside, I still hate MO now.
Hoping to move on from this without stumbling further.
Great job, stay sharp. Its a good strategy to fade back from P, one bad habit at a time.

arandomguy

Day 42 - getting really inconsistent now. It's been a busy week but that's no excuse.. I shouldn't be going this long. Grateful that I'm still on the journey.
Started a bible reading plan with a friend to help each other on this.

FiveFortyFour

Day 42 - getting really inconsistent now. It's been a busy week but that's no excuse.. I shouldn't be going this long. Grateful that I'm still on the journey.
Started a bible reading plan with a friend to help each other on this.
That's the ticket! Glad to see you're still going strong, bro!