Recent content by LetItGoAlready

1. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Way to go, Phin! You the Man!!!! Victory for you this time seems much sweeter.  So glad you were able to get 120 days without feeling like your goal was compromised. After all, it's not just about keeping the commitment and racking up days. The sincerity of the commitment matters also, and you...
  2. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Big congrats on getting to - what is it - Day 117 now? Almost there! I too have come to believe that a change in attitude is needed to truly leave this habit behind. Along with understanding the purpose it has served in your life, it's also important to try and see the behavior from an outside...
  3. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Wow, Phineas! 100 days! What fantastic news. Seeing as we are from the old guard who came here in mid-10s and returned for a second tour of duty, your victory feels especially sweet. Gives me a dash of hope that real change is possible. Sorry to hear about the emotional challenges. By all...
  4. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Phineas - Glad to see you're still doing well and that you are continuing to inspire and help your fellow strugglers. Best wishes, friend.
  5. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Congrats on staying strong and sticking to your strict peeking policy. We all have our "types," but to have been faced with this kind of temptation and talked yourself down is commendable. Good job being aware of your cues and responding in a thoughtful and rational way.
  6. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Hi Phineas -  I really like how you've broken this down. As much as I've thought (and written) about the idea of not resisting lustful urges because it pulls the urge closer, my follow-though on this approach has been less than stellar. I've taken some of these ideas to heart and will look for...
  7. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

I can relate to this, Phineas. Over the past few months, I have shifted between having ED problems while having sex with my wife and needing to summon fantasy as an emergency measure and being on the opposite end of the spectrum - needing no artificial stimulation and feeling completely...
  8. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Phineas - Couldn't agree more with this statement. Rewiring to real world sex, and a healthy view of sex, is critical for healing. Well said. Marvin Gaye even wrote a song about the healing powers of sex ("Sexual Healing"), which I thought of immediately when I read this post. As a side note...
  9. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Well done, Phineas! Proud of you, man. I'm glad you were able to probe deeper and find the answer you were looking for. It's not always obvious what's at the root of a behavior, but when you are able to puzzle it out, it puts the behavior in a whole new light. Congrats on your escape. Onward...
  10. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Hi Phineas - So many great, inspiring quotes here. Thanks for posting these! My personal favorite is the one about not answering when your past calls. Too many times I've made the mistake of picking up when I should have let it ring. I mean, hell, every time I go down the rabbit hole, I'm...
  11. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Hi Phineas - I like the simple mindfulness approach of your AWARE strategy. It can be difficult to think clearly if we allow ourselves to be pulled in by the noisy, obsessive chatter in our heads, which is why a simple strategy like yours is probably best. Thanks for sharing this with the board...
  12. LetItGoAlready

How Shall We Escape?

Phineas/Leon - Welcome back! I know we crossed paths back in 2014. It's always a pleasure to welcome back a fellow returned traveler like myself! Sorry the welcome is coming a bit late. Had I not just come off a recent relapse and used just about all of my available energy to resist the after...
  13. LetItGoAlready

Bringing it around full circle

Hi Everyone, I doubt any of you will remember me, but I joined Your Brain Rebalanced (YBR) https://yourbrainrebalanced.com/forum/index.php?threads/trying-to-get-a-grip.18047/ and Reboot Nation (RN) http://legacy.rebootnation.org/index.php?topic=96.0 under the name of Cosmo about 6-1/2 years...
  14. LetItGoAlready

Cosmo's Journal

Hi All, Some of you may know me from YBR. I was there for a short time, just long enough to build some momentum. I hope to keep that momentum going here with your support and also hope that I can return the favor by supporting all of you. A few days ago, I decided to tell my wife about my...