Recent content by JerryTX

1. J

How Shall We Escape?

@Phineas 808 Haven't been on regularly but congrats on becoming a moderator/staff at RN. Your insights/approach/encouragement and guidance has been and will be extremely helpful to others...I know it has been for me!! GOD Bless you brother!
  2. J

This has to stop. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

Really appreciate your response. The P Demon is a tough one. For me to "stay strong" doesn't work as I am just relying upon myself and not leaning into GOD.
  3. J

Checking in and it's been a good week. Wife's surgery went well and she is recovering nicely. Son home this weekend and no real cravings. I am back on track and feel encouraged. Good thing coming out of this morning's devotional. "When your tempted and feel the pull to speak to GOD, don't...
  4. J

RN I needed to check in on my journal and post due to the last 2 days. I had been doing really well and working with a local group, but the stress of life (excuses) really got me in a bad place yesterday. So I wanted to reconnect here as well as provide accountability with myself, RN, and the...
  5. J

Good to check in to RN. It's been a minute and got to catch up on some of posts. Encouraging to see the battle is still being fought and people are seeking a way to kill the PMO demon. I have had a pretty solid month since last check in. Trying to stay diligent and persistent in my battle...
  6. J

Appreciate the comments. The fight continues but just evolving into more of a local group of men. I do plan on visiting here and checking in from time to time. Praying for all on RN!
  7. J

Really appreciate your honest posts and all of our similarities we share! Not goodbye forever but definitely we will be in contact!
  8. J

I appreciate the comments, the dialogue we have and will continue to have, as well as supporting one another. Thank you sir!
  9. J

I obviously haven't checked in for awhile. Yes I haven't been perfect and while I have had urges, edging and a few PMO episodes. I am stronger now than a year ago, but I am not completely free from the addiction. While Reboot nation and my own journal is and will continue to be a blessing in...
  10. J

Just checking in for accountability within my journal. Traveled last week and same as I read in my own journal I know not to what to do but I did it. Alcohol at dinner, lower expectations, lead to PMO behavior. I really was disappointed and I feel so much like Paul in Romans 7 15-25!! But I...
  11. J

My journey to be a better man.

@guitar1968 Thanks for posting and I apologize for the tough spot you are in. Since we started this journey almost at the same time I am aware of this situation. I have some thoughts but it's not my place to "give advice". The only thing I will say is life is so short to be in this type of...
  12. J

Not sure how many days it is as I haven't updated my "tracker". This weekend I had some edging on google that led to some P pics. I did not act out and moved on and away. Just like in the past of this journey, I think we all need to celebrate winning even the smallest battles! NO PMO! Yes I...
  13. J

Nice job Guitar! Keep it going!
  14. J

How Shall We Escape?

Phineas - I completely understand your post. Thanks for being such a help to countless people here at RN. I personally appreciate your honesty and GODLY approach. I have read through many of your posts countless times and the good news is people can still have access to some of the great...
  15. J

@guitar1968 Great to see you battling. Weekends can be tough and glad your music assists you to win the battle. Grab that guitar and play away!! Breathing deeply and focusing/meditating is also good to clear the urges. It's interesting you mentioned "rewarding yourself" with P as in my...