Recent content by Oldnewguy

1. O

Back again. Hopefully for good

Day 5. Crazy busy with work and family but noticeably nice to feel less distracted with guilt . I know it will get better, but even if I just felt like this from now on it would be way better than before. Thanks for reading. Cheers to another day
  2. O

Back again. Hopefully for good

I have been in and out of abstinence for many years. Made an attempt on this forum 2 years ago and left again. I’m back to try again. Really feeling awful currently. Life gets busier and busier, and the state of the world seems to get more and more chaotic. I guess I’ve used my old...
  3. O

Back after a long hiatus

Haven’t checked in this week. Still clean. 38 days today. I actually had what I would call the first serious craving since I started 38 days ago. This happened a couple days ago. It is AMAZING that if you just commit to getting through the craving, it is GONE. You actually come out...
  4. O

Monky's Log

Welcome back man. I think Jerry is right. Lots of great people and resources on this forum. You will find that if you commit to making this change, you will experience wonderful benefits in your life.
  5. O

A new start

Nice job Hannibal!!
  6. O

Rock Bottom...

Congratulations man. Glad to hear you’re noticing some positive change in your life too. Keep it up!
  7. O

Back after a long hiatus

32 days. Still clean & doing well
  8. O

Back after a long hiatus

Day 29 clean
  9. O

Back after a long hiatus

Day 28 still clean. Maybe my wife has noticed some positive changes in me. She initiated intimacy last night. It was great to connect and NO ED issues. Really feeling positive.
  10. O

Back after a long hiatus

Day 27. Clean
  11. O

I left

Thanks for the great article. I think I’m 27 days in. I needed this optimism!
  12. O

Back after a long hiatus

Day 26. Clean. Very cold where I live. Have kids quarantined and I’m their teacher this week. Enjoying being there for my kids. Not going to lie though, it has been stressful being cooped up. Looking at it as a positive. Life is hard. Deal with it! Not trying to escape from it. I’ll...
  13. O

Rock Bottom...

Hey man nice job. Sounds like you are really having some nice benefits. Keep it up!
  14. O

Back after a long hiatus

Day 23,24,25 All good
  15. O

A new start

Awesome job Hannibal. Very happy for you. Recognizing the compounding of problems with a temporary solution as opposed to just dealing with life’s problems is wisdom that will help many people.