Recent content by Rain2000

1. Rain2000

Thirty years of self-medicating with PMO and MO - it stops now

Day 70 - PMO Day 48 - MO I haven't been on here for a good long while, mainly because things have been 'okay'. Sure there's been some tough days but nothing that made me think I might relapse... until today. Last night I went to Christmas party where I didn't know the majority of the people. I...
  2. Rain2000

Wow! EXTREME anxiety over the last few days. Overwhelming feelings of dread, fear and worry - it's awful. I have never been able to see so clearly, just how reliant I was on using PMO and MO to medicate and relieve anxiety. Now that MO and PMO has gone, I feel like the pressure valve has been...
  3. Rain2000

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Good for you!
  4. Rain2000

PMO ruining marriage

Hey Rich, I'm not that far ahead of you in terms of days but have and still do at times, feel exactly the same way. Like the others have said, if you can map the terrain of what's going on, it will be FAR easier to navigate. For me, I had to really look at what was driving my addiction and...
  5. Rain2000

Yesterday and today, in the house alone. There's an automatic trigger that pings, saying 'now's the time when you can MO/PMO' but thankfully I feel wise to it. I am able to interrupt going into automatic mode, evaluate the situation and choose and alternative course of action. I think it...
  6. Rain2000

Dealing with Shame, PIED and Addiction!

I agree with this wholeheartedly - look at the change over the long term. I had a six month PMO free streak (albeit not MO free) and I feel that has put me in good stead for the future. This image really does sum it up - you can learn from every relapse
  7. Rain2000

Dealing with Shame, PIED and Addiction!

This is such great advice - being 'self' focused rather than 'other' focused is a great place to start when changing core beliefs.
  8. Rain2000

Today I had my first little feelings of 'she looks hot...' when seeing images on news / social media websites. I don't want or feel the urge to PMO but there is an itch inside that suggests MO could be a problem if I let it. This is odd, because today I feel really good and far less anxious than...
  9. Rain2000

Thank you for the reply - I guess it's perhaps about trying to maintain anxiety levels at a manageable or bearable state, using the methods that you've mentioned - rather than trying to fight sky high anxiety. I think I need to think of my mental health like car; that it's something that needs...
  10. Rain2000

Than you :) I have tried something similar but I like the 5,4,3,2,1 element of this. I think it could be good to use when my anxiety is rising quickly.
  11. Rain2000

I had a few beers and gins Friday and Saturday night, only to confirm what I already knew: Alcohol is very bad for my sleep Being hungover, even if it's just a little bit, is very bad for my anxiety levels Temptation feels strong the day after drinking Two drinks is my limit from now on, if I...
  12. Rain2000

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Hi Harpoon, I have just read a bunch of your posts on the last couple of pages on this thread and I just wanted to say that I have total and utter respect for you. It sounds like you've been through a lot, but hats off to you for being so brave and honest with those around you. Reading your...
  13. Rain2000

How long does withdrawal take?

I'm interested to hear what other people's experience of withdrawal is like, particularly how long it took for the process to ease in terms of symptoms. As I understand it, anxiety, lack of focus and trouble sleeping can all be part of withdrawal, especially when you stop PMO/MO after a 30 year...
  14. Rain2000

Major, major anxiety yesterday, real 10/10 impending doom type feelings. Thankfully I didn't even think about PMO and I knew that MO just wasn't an option that was possible for me now. I may be talking complete rubbish, but I feel like I really understand just how dependent on MO I was in terms...
  15. Rain2000

I 100% get where you are coming from and I am struggling with this. It is extremely tricky for me and I am not ruling out having the conversation at some point in the future. Our relationship was 'okay' up until about fifteen months or so ago. There are lots of reasons why this point was the...