Recent content by tl23

1. T

Question about blocking apps

Hi All — hoping to ask a question to those who have used blocking apps before. I’d like to use some kind of app to block me from sites, but need to have the password made by someone else for my accountability sake on days my willpower is low and my urges are high. - Can anyone recommend apps...
  2. T

Accountability (update 09.07.22)

Day 5: Doing well and working on letting go of the guilt I felt. It doesn’t help so I’m releasing it. Reminding myself that recovery isn’t always linear. Feeling proud that I didn’t let my past slip escalate further. Feeling ready to take it one day at a time.
  3. T

Hey this was a really good reminder and I really appreciate it. Your comment reminded me that the biggest benefit of this journal is a safe place for me to journal my thoughts. If it helps anyone else or if anyone responds, that’s icing on the cake. Your thoughts about learning something new...
  4. T

Today I fell off the wagon. But, it’s been heading that way for a couple of weeks. Let me explain. I struggled to admit I was struggling because I wanted to believe I was fixed. But, I’m here because it’s not about shame. If my story can help me get clarity, it’s worth it. If sharing can help...
  5. T

Recovered 4 years and from then it's a relapse every couple of months

You can do this! We’re all here for you.
  6. T

Hey y’all! Checking in on Day 116. Positives: I’ve been getting better at finding new routines to my evenings (a time that was previously really challenging). Things like reading, and some sports leagues have helped. I’ve become more in touch with my triggers Continued things I’m working on...
  7. T

200 Days and Counting

Keep it up! You’ve got this.
  8. T

Very true. I’m about 3/4 of the way through and finding it so helpful.
  9. T

101 Days Honestly sometimes can’t believe I’ve made it this far. I would not have made it without reading other stories on here and the early support of lots of people on this forum. So, thank you. I’ve got a long way to go — but I’m proud of where I am at. Currently, I’m reading a book called...
  10. T

An observation about triggers… (sharing mostly for myself) When I started this journey, I was intentional about thinking about my drinking as I perceived it to be a trigger. In the beginning, when the urges were much more challenging to manage, I abstained from drinking almost altogether. But...
  11. T

Today is 90! I’ve never made it nearly this far before, so I’m excited, but I’m nervous, too. It’s become more “routine” to know that P is not an option — but it doesn’t meant the urge isn’t there sometimes. I think I’ve just improved my willpower. Lately I’ve been really focusing on ways to...
  12. T

Appreciate it!!
  13. T

Today is Day 85 and I’m staying strong! But wow sometimes this stuff is hard. I’ve been really aware of how quickly something can be a Psub. Social Media is a tough one for me — but the silver lining is I’ve been really aware of not spiraling and can turn things off and realize it. That’s how I...
  14. T

I want to succeed at this as bad as I want to breathe

Hey there. I really enjoyed your post but I think you should re read this. As someone who struggles with self doubt, what about this reframe? I have not PMO for 2 days and given my history of failures, I’m proud of my progress, albeit small so far. It’s okay to feel proud each day. That’s how...
  15. T

Morale

I really really resonated with this post. I used to turn to chat rooms all the time, they were my weakness and I think at its core it was the community, the connection, and the feeling of being “seen.” I’ve been 70+ days free of that now and it’s not easy but I’ve tried to be okay with...