Recent content by new reality

1. new reality

Let's call it "the final thread"

Update. Doing pretty well at the moment, although this post might be controversial to some.. In terms of avoiding the bad stuff such as P, P-subs (especially deliberate viewing rather than accidental) and chat, I'm doing very well. As for MO, I've been doing it about once a week on average...
  2. new reality

Blockers. If you want to block some sites on your Windows computer, ColdTurkey isn't a bad choice. Don't bother paying for it and just get the free version (based on my anecdotal experience). On my Android phone I've gone for BlockSite. I'm reasonably happy with it overall. This isn't a...
  3. new reality

Right, so I did suffer from the chaser effect after the MO I mentioned in the previous post. Generally speaking I don't try "healthy" MO when I'm doing recovery (and I'm basically always attempting recovery, I don't really take any breaks from recovery despite my resets / relapses). But I do...
  4. new reality

Fortunately I'm now doing something which is helping a lot with that health issue. We can solve "some" of our problems, no matter how hopeless things can seem. I had a pretty stressful day yesterday but I managed not to reset. Maybe I wasn't that strongly tempted anyway. I did have too much...
  5. new reality

I'm currently suffering from a health issue which may have been more or less caused by this addiction. It's a bit like if you had back pain for some time after sitting in a weird position for a long time while "using". That's not my current problem, nor is it something to do with my , but it...
  6. new reality

Day One
  7. new reality

15-day hardmode streak ended, new streak beginning. Quality of old streak: mostly good apart from one instance of chat room use. End of streak wasn't too bad all things considered.
  8. new reality

I did put effort into recovery and well-being in general, tried new things.. Chaser effect can be a nuisance though, among other things.
  9. new reality

One thing I've been meaning to do is to read the NoFap Solideo blog in its entirety: https://nofapsolideo.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/how-i-did-70-days-of-nofap-on-hardmode-without-breaking-a-sweat-after-7-years-of-failure/
  10. new reality

Messing up a bit lately, after a decent 12-day streak. Usually I've been getting back on track quickly after resets, but not so much this week. I've been a bit down due to mood swings and some interpersonal stress. Feeling a lack of motivation and so on.
  11. new reality

Sunday in specific can be a pain.. although not always. At other times, it's been Friday or Saturday night, or even Monday to Wednesday. It's not just from not being "busy", it can be the associations we may have with certain times. If we think we should be socially fulfilled at certain times...
  12. new reality

I had a bit of "Sunday madness". Actually, backup to Saturday. Saw a new film that day which triggered me, even though it was fairly "safe for work". Anyway Sunday can often be a problem. I had another go at a dating site/app. I deleted my account today. Once again, these things aren't for me...
  13. new reality

Right, missed a few days there. I had been doing well in various ways.. until this week lol. Monday got off to a stressful start and things fell apart somewhat. Positives: I did get SOME stuff done. I probably don't (naturally) give myself enough credit for things I actually do, I think it's...
  14. new reality

I was tired at times today and felt an urge or two. Made it through them though, without too much trouble. I've talked about being busy lately. Another issue is dealing with people who are, often, determined to be as stressed out as possible (like an addiction to stress if you know what I...
  15. new reality

Another busy couple of days. Not sure if I've got much to say about recovery at the moment, but I'll give it a go. Don't act on urges - procrastinate on them instead! Deviate from them and do something else! Now for some chilling out.. or at least I plan to as soon as possible! Hopefully the...