Recent content by ADFECTATIO

1. ADFECTATIO

I want to live.

Maybe have a look at the stuff from Cal Newport. I would recommend reading "Deep Work" before "Digital Minimalism". There is an Easyway book by Allen Carr for this topic as well, which I am reading at the moment "Smart Phone, Dumb Phone".
  2. ADFECTATIO

Is a social media presence helpful in dating and worth the distraction that comes with it?

So I have been using IG for a few days now. In the beginning the novelty really pulled me in. But, with a bit of effort and self control, I managed to spent just around 20 mins per day on IG and try to have those in the evening after my workday is finished. Therefore IG usage is not an escape...
  3. ADFECTATIO

Learning to treat myself well

Days no PMO: 6 Day no MO: 2 Days Digital Minimalism: 0 Maybe one thing about the deep work hours: I track those hours I sit concentrated and really do study. If I do a five minute break after 30 min - I just note the 30 min and not the break. Also I do the pomodoro technique and try to focus as...
  4. ADFECTATIO

Handstand training in the morning ✅ Cold Shower after that ✅ 5 h Study Deep Work; finished before 6 o'clock ✅ - not exactly before 6 o`clock, but I was done around half past six Social Media use only in the timeslot: 18:30 - 19:00 h (treat it like email) ❌ - When I wanted to start with the uni...
  5. ADFECTATIO

I want to live.

Hui! This will be a tough ride - but if you can manage that you have some really strong willpower!
  6. ADFECTATIO

20 Something Reboot

Please be aware that vitamin D is stored in your fat and muscle tissue and that these supplements often have a high dosage of vit. D. Therefore the possibility for a lingering intoxication is given - maybe you look up the recommended daily dose from the health institute of your country or / and...
  7. ADFECTATIO

Hei @SmokenMirrors and @Blondie thank you so much for your support these days! It means a lot to me! :) I guess, because it worked that good yesterday, I will do the same today. These tasks will move me forward today - they are the most important and I will do them before all the other stuff...
  8. ADFECTATIO

Overall I am happy with the day - it was a step in the right direction and its kind of logically, that I can't go from zero holiday mode back to my best study form. So here is what I accomplished of the goals: Workout in the morning ✅ Take cold shower after that ✅ 5 hours of deep work...
  9. ADFECTATIO

I want to live.

It's nice to see that you like the easypeasy method and that it serves you well! You are making good progress in killing the little monster :)
  10. ADFECTATIO

20 Something Reboot

Man you shoot out positive posts all the time! Awesome! This made me smile and feel better right now! Thank you for your inspiration and I wish you to stick to your gym plans!
  11. ADFECTATIO

Slowly I am getting back on the horse. Days no PMO: 4 Day no MO: 0 Days Digital Minimalism: 0 What did I do yesterday to better myself? Small Workout in the Morning Laundry Read a few pages Went to the canteen and met up with a friend Journal in the morning and evening What could have been...
  12. ADFECTATIO

Yes thank you very much Smoken! I am struggling at the moment - I had a good they, then I let myself fall into a YT hole again... I want to report more positive things again. So I am looking forward for that! :D Oh damn! :D This journey never gets boring! Managed 3 Days clean again, but...
  13. ADFECTATIO

Yesterday was a better day. I slept quite long, then lost an hour to IG but got my ass up and went to the canteen. There I met a few fellow students, it was great to have some social interaction. After that I went home and cleaned my flat. I did a very great job and liked the result. Then I...
  14. ADFECTATIO

I want to live.

Great attitude you are in! I think the aggression is normal - I feel it as well in the beginning of a longer clean period. But it will pass and you will feel so much pleasure from normal things :) Keep going and starve the little monster!
  15. ADFECTATIO

Sooo... well. I could have had an awesome day yesterday. I went climbing in the mountains with my friends and we also saw two Capricons like 10 m away from us. They just stood there, totally relaxed and ate their grass. But I came home super exhausted and watched a documentary on YT while I...