New Forum Website Comments & Questions

rebootadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rebooters,

Welcome to the new RN website! We're thrilled to be able to offer this new experience to you all!

With that said, there are always hiccups along the way, so if you experience an issue, bug, or have a question about functionality, leave a message on this thread and we'll work with you to answer your questions!

Thanks!

Phineas 808

Staff member
Congratulations on the new format, looks great!

Are we able to edit existing posts we've created? And if so, how?

I use one of my posts to record and track my progress, and this is so I don't have to record it in my signature.

Thank you so much!

rebootadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Congratulations on the new format, looks great!

Are we able to edit existing posts we've created? And if so, how?

I use one of my posts to record and track my progress, and this is so I don't have to record it in my signature.

Thank you so much!

@Phineas 808, I just confirmed that you should be able to edit your own posts. Let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks for your feedback!

~RN

Phineas 808

Staff member
You're welcome. I'll play around with it (so to speak) and see if I can edit...

Will report back, success or otherwise.

Phineas 808

Staff member
In the upper right hand coner I only see how one can either share, bookmark, or the # of post it is, but I see nothing on how the post itself may be edited.

We may edit messages we send to each other, but apparently not the posts...

rebootadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
In the upper right hand coner I only see how one can either share, bookmark, or the # of post it is, but I see nothing on how the post itself may be edited.

We may edit messages we send to each other, but apparently not the posts...

@Phineas 808 I adjusted some permissions. It should now appear in the bottom left of a post, next to "Report." See my screenshot:

Twvmyxi.png

~RN

roark

I see some apostrophes replaced with a question mark. Is it just me? In this thread I'm not seeing it, only in the old ones

rebootadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@roark You're correct. That seems to be an encoding error between the previous platform and this one. The simplest way to fix this is to edit your existing posts if able. It's a small issue but it's definitely important.

Hey guys congratulations on your attempt and the new format. I would like to mention a problem that I've noticed, if you click on a certain member, you aren't now able to view all of his posts, rather than only a handful of them, while in the old format you couldn't see everything someone has posted in the forum. I think that this certainly bad, because tons of invaluable information is wasted this way. Do you have any idea about this? Thank you so much

gell.a

I saw that on yourbrainrebalanced they have a forum to set up a day counter that is "automatically added to your forum signature." Is there something like that on here? I think it would be helpful for some people.