200+ days without P. DE and PIED cured

runksoneck

Hey guys, I consider myself free from the cycle of that addiction.

I know it can be hard to you to trust me, and I know that when I was in your spot i also have doubts about if it was possible. But i managed to solve this problem in my life for 7 months now (march/2021)

My History related with PMO

My history related with this addiction starts around when i was around 12/14 years old. I was shy, with social anxiety had low self esteem, was bullied in school sometimes, couldn't get laid, was afraid to talk, to date girls...So i started to develop this addiction.

Then i got in college, i had the same problems. The addiction was so hard that i had suicidal thoughts sometimes and i almost dropped out of college because of social anxiety. I managed to solve some problems related to social anxiety and with girls with the help of some friends, but i couldn't get rid off PMO.

I also had DE and PIED, i couldn't feel pleasure in sex.

I also had a relationship where her necessity of sex was way below of mine, which only made me search for more PMO to satisfy my sexy drive, which only made me more numb, and was affecting our relationship. We then broke up because of all of that.

I just know i attempted a LOT since i was 18/20 years old when i accepted that this was a problem in my life (i am now 27). i failled so many times that i can't count, i reached 15, 60 , 83, 120+ days without pmo hardmode but failed again and again and again.

So in 2020, i decided to solve this, to put this as a priority in my life, I would do everything I could to solve this. I was angry with all that because i couldn't trust my own word, it was disturbing other areas of my life, i had no control of my own acts, I was a totally impulsive guy when the urge came, I had to stop everything to do PMO.

So then i searched for a therapist. I was reluctant about that idea, to the idea to open about my life, my problems, to trust someone about all that, but I had to do everything I could, I needed to try. So i was searching for a man who knew about nofap, about the ''addiction'', but i didn't find. So searching for therapists that attend my medical plan, I eventually booked with a woman that at least was well rated in some doctor's forum.

There i told about my problems in an honest way. She then made me realize what was going on in my life, i took her advice and worked!

So now i am here to share some of the things that i think it was relevant and that i learned and that maybe can help you if you practice.

Well, so what worked for me?

CONTENT

1- THE ROOT -

I realized that I was using PMO to run away from my problems in life, it was a mechanism that I built to feel good in moments when I felt pain. But that turned into a super bad habit (strong connections, a lot of triggers, easy, feels good). So for example:
- I didn`t know how to manage my emotions, then i used PMO
- I didn`t know how to deal with my shyness, then i used PMO
- I didn`t know how to deal with my frustration at career, then i used PMO
- I didn`t know how to deal with my relationship, then i used PMO
- In dealing with my sexual drive my default mechanism was PMO.
Are you also running away from problems?

Why i consider that important?

Because doing no pmo i was only treating the symptoms, so i had to understand the root of all that.

2 - NEW HEALTHY MECHANISMS -

i needed to solve these problems (emotions, shyness, career..)

So I started to do therapy in September 2020 and there she made me see:
- new perspectives of my past
- made me work on my shyness (social habilities, self-esteem,
self-knowledge...)
- made me do gradual challenges in quitting the cycle, in weakening this habit.
- in my career, I changed. I was on a path to get the approval of my parents instead of following my dreams.
- in a relationship, I started to date again
I also took a lot of courses to study emotional intelligence to know how to deal with my feelings, how to identify them, how to not be reactive...

I also started again to meditate to deal with my anxiety, especially related to my shyness.

3 - LOOP & HEALTHY NEW OPTIONS TO DEAL WITH YOUR SEXUAL DESIRES

While dealing with these problems, I also needed to weaken the habit of pmo. but I realized that I was in a cycle again, doing no pmo hardmode, then getting x days (15, 60, 80, 120+) and then i was so aroused that I couldn't hold my desire anymore and because my default mechanism was pmo, I was continually having relapses, felling like sht all the times.

Why that?

Because I didn't have other healthy options to deal with my healthy sexual desires. Only sex. But I was using mainly PMO to satisfy my sexual needs, but and PMO deregulate our brains with too much dopamine, so we have sensitization, desensitization, altered response to stress and sex turns out feeling like crap, because only PMO has novelty, super stimulus, is unlimited, is easy to access.

The problem is that our sexual desire will always be there, and until now i only had PMO and sex to satisfy my needs.

What i saw from that perspective is that if I chose only sex as my mechanism to deal with my healthy sexual needs, i know that someday i would not have sex for weeks, maybe months. And in that occasion, I would try to hold my healthy sexual energy, but eventually, the desire would be so huge that every little thing (images, woman in street) would turn me extremely on, and probably I would PMO, because is the only mechanism left for me besides sex and that i had practiced for years.

I know I can't, I can't be consistent with that, depending only on sex to deal with my healthy sexual desires. So that's why I added M without P and without escaping to my arsenal.

So I know if for some reason I couldn't have sex for weeks or even a month, I can satisfy my healthy sexual desires with M.

I know I can live that way for my entire life because is balanced, I will be not holding my sexual desires, ignoring them. If I don't have one, I have another option that isn't PMO.

I prefer sex and M without P and without being an escape than to PMO.

I don't have more urges now because I don't need more PMO to satisfy my healthy sexual desires, isn't more of an option for me. I have more healthy options.

You have to look at why you are using PMO as a crutch, is it because of your sexual desires? is it because when you are feeling anger, tedious, anxious, sick you are using PMO to feel good?

You have to look at these things, focus mainly on that, not trying to focus on the 90 days challenge, you have to find a system that works for you your entire life, that you can be consistent.

Can you have sex every week for your entire life? I know I can't. So that's why I added M without being an escape and without P.

Can you only by discipline and motivation not PMO for your entire life? Mostly cannot even do it for 90 days, 180 days. I couldn't. And that is okay, because that mission is hard, further if you try to do it for 1 year, 2 years, your entire life.

We are holding our healthy sexual desires, but like I said we will always have that sexual energy, and if you ignore it, it will call out, and probably you will PMO because of the cravings. So instead of holding that sexual energy, chose a path that is balanced, that you can do for your entire life, chose sex and M without being an escape and without P.

And like I said, you can condemn M, and try to stay only with sex, but as i said, can you have sex for your entire life every week? will you ignore your sexual energy? will you try to hold on until you have sex? You will be a slave to sex that way. And probably when you won't have sex your cravings will grow and you will be risking going back to PMO.

About DE and PIED

- I had both DE and PIED. Sometimes I couldn't get an erection or it wasn't rock solid. And when I could get an erection, I had almost no sensibility in my dck and I only could get an O with a lot of time and with much work from her.

- So what worked for me mainly is that I kept away from PMO.

- But i think what is also important and helped me is:
- started practicing kegel exercises for man
- changed my condom to a thinner one
- reduced the pressure in M
- started to be more present in S, instead of fantasizing while doing S.

BENEFITS

I cured my DE (delayed ejaculation) and PIED and got back my sensibility
I feel proud of my journey
I made a lot of changes in my life and my mind
more self-esteem
started to dating more girls
My consistency in the gym and in my diet went to another level
My anxiety is controlled by emotional intelligence and by meditating almost every day
changed my career path to something i love it.

Well, that is it, I hope it can help. Success in your journey.

[/size]
1- Are you really addicted? Can you stop using it? or when you try it cravings come strong?

2- If you are addicted, why you need to stop it? Is affecting your relationships, your life, are you wasting time, energy with PMO? Do you have DE or PIED?

- If you think it's okay to PMO, doesn't matter what I tell you, you won't change, you don't want, you don't think is relevant to your life.
- If you think is hurting you or preventing you to be the best version of yourself, then chose a big why that is relevant to you, is to save your relationship? is to cure your DE or PIED? If you chose something that isn't really important to you, you will be missing something very important part.

Your big why will be the fire to your motivation part, to why you will be doing this change.

3- What are your options to deal with your healthy sexual need?

1- PMO
2- PMO and sex
3- PMO and sex and M without P and without being an escape
4- Only sex
5- Sex and M without P and without being an escape

4- What is your option that you think you can maintain for your entire life without having to recur to PMO?

1- Only sex
  - if you chose that option, how many times per week you think is okay for you to satisfy your sexual need? and can you have that for your entire life?
2- Sex and M without P and without being an escape
  - if you chose that option, how many times per week you think it's okay for you to satisfy your healthy sexual need?
3- Trying to transmute your sexual energy and sex
4- Being a monk, ignoring/suppressing your sexual energy

5- What are the things you use PMO as a crutch besides your healthy sexual need?

1- When you feel anxious, you PMO to feel good
2- When you feel tedious, you PMO to feel good
3- When you feel happy, you PMO to feel good
4- When you feel alone, you PMO to feel good
5- When you are sick, you PMO to feel good
6- When you have worked very hard through the day or the week, you give you a reward, PMO to feel good
7- Your relationship isn't going well, so you PMO to feel good
8- Your work isn't going well, you PMO to feel good
9- Your self-esteem is low, so you PMO to feel better
10- You blame your past, your choices from the past, you PMO to feel good
11- You had traumas from the past, so you PMO to feel good

6- What will the role that you are in today?

1- Are you a victim of the circumstances and blame everything else?
2- Are you a victim of the circumstances and blame some people, in other matters you know it is your responsibility?
2- Do you take responsibility for everything in your life?

7- What will you do to every problem that you are using PMO as a crutch?

1- You will ignore it
2- You accept the fact, and don't think is relevant
3- You change your perception about the fact and turns out not to be a problem and that doesn't affect you anymore
4- You will choose to change

8- If you chose to change, how will you do it?

1- alone, by try and error
2- with the help of someone, by try and error
3- with the help of someone that already got the result you want

9- What path you will choose?

1- I will do nofap hardmode for 90 days only by motivation and discipline and don't know what i will do after, holding my healthy sexual energy until there, despite the cravings

2- I will do nofap hardmode for 90 days only by motivation and discipline, holding my healthy sexual energy until there, despite the cravings, and after I will maintain my healthy sexual energy only with sex, and when i won't have sex i will hold my energy risking have cravings and going back to PMO

3- I will do nofap hardmode for 90 days by motivation and discipline, and will analyze and solve why I use PMO as a crutch to my problems, holding my healthy sexual energy until the end, despite the cravings, and after I will maintain my healthy sexual energy only with sex, and when I won't have sex I will hold my energy risking have cravings and going back to PMO

4- I will do nofap hardmode for 90 days by motivation and discipline, and will analyze and solve why I use PMO as a crutch to my problems, holding my healthy sexual energy until the end, despite the cravings, and after I will maintain my healthy sexual energy with sex and with P without M and without being an escape.

5- I will focus mainly on the process, having sex and M without P and without being an escape since the beginning and I will analyze why I use PMO to my daily problems and will find better and healthy solutions,

5- I will focus mainly on the process, having and M without P and without being an escape since the beginning and I will add sex as an option as soon i find a girlfriend or girl to go out. And I will analyze why I use PMO to my daily problems and will find better and healthy solutions,

6- I will focus mainly on the process, choosing only sex as my option to deal with my healthy sexual need and when I won't have sex I will hold my energy risking have cravings and going back to PMO.

Keep going.

Do you have a plan after you achieve 90 days? If you will do only sex, or include M or something else
I think that I should be trying to find partners to rewire as soon as possible and not wait for 90 days - since I have seen some significant improvement in erections during the reboot and I think that I need the final antidote of rewiring now. I don't think I would be reintroducing masturbation because I had a terrible habit of overindulging in it which seems to have gone in these 70 days. Any tips ? I'm a virgin and do you think rewiring to a real woman played a big part in your recovery?

runksoneck

HOW TO NOT HAVE MORE URGES

Quote from Atomic Habits by James Clear about eliminating bad habits:
''Autocontrol is a strategy of short term, not long term. You are capable to resist some tentation once or twice but is impossible that you can have enough will to win all your desires every time. Instead of depending on a new dose of will every time you want to do something, your energy would be better spent if you try to optimize your ambient. This is the secret of auto control. Turn the stimulus of your good habits clear and of your bad ones, invisible.
A more reliable approach to eliminate habits in the bud is to reduce your exposition to the stimulus that trigger them.''

That is a life-changer concept.

Relating that with my cure:

- I don't have to depend on my will to beat PMO, I am not resisting temptation! I just turned my stimulus invisible! What stimulus? The stimulus that triggered my desire to PMO:

- STIMULUS 1: holding my sexual energy or ignoring it for more than 2 weeks or trying to achieve 90 days without M and Sex, so I was so horny that PMO was so fck temptation.
What did I do to turn that stimulus invisible?
- I don't ignore my sexual energy and I do sex or M without escaping and without P.

- STIMULUS 2: I was working with something that was so boring, I hated it, and would give me urges every day, I NEEDED PMO TO ESCAPE from that.
- I QUITED that fcking job and went after something I like to do! And I fcking find it!

- STIMULUS 3: I was so anxious about some problem that I needed PMO to feel better, to escape from that anxiety
- I LEARNED how to deal with my fcking emotions! I know how to identify them. And I fcking attack the problem! I don't ignore it. I do what I can, what is my control! So I keep peace with my mind. I also meditate every fcking day 10 minutes. And I do therapy every fcking Thursday at 11:00 am. Result: I don't suffer from anxiety at a level that I need PMO to escape!

- STIMULUS 4: I was in a relationship where I wasn't happy! So I needed PMO to escape, to feel better.
- I tried to change the person, I tried to change me (about what is important to me in a relationship), but that fcking doesn't work! So we broke up!

- STIMULUS 5: I had low self-esteem and couldn't have sex enough! Yes, it was scarce. So I needed PMO to escape from that scarcity state and to feel more confident.
- I started to fcking develop my self (gym, courses, changing my career, diet, doing more things I like...)
- And I downloaded tinder and started to date girls! Initially, it was a nightmare. But with time I started to date some girls and boom! It isn't more of a problem for me!

So like I said, it is easy for me now because I don't need to fight against my urges, I don't need to resist my stimulus, I don't need to resist PMO! I fck attacked all them! Destroyed all of them! That is why I DON'T HAVE MORE URGES! From a guy who had urges EVERYDAY, who had to stop everything to PMO because the urge was so strong!

It is EASY for me to stay away from the cycle/loop of P->M->O because I destroyed those stimuli!

And if it is easy, you can be consistent.

What do you need to do to not have more urges? Find these stimuli in your life and destroy them! Turn them invisible! Don't depend solely on your motivation, on your willpower to fight PMO, you will fail in the long run! ! Like I did for a long time.

IamMayor

Hahaha i love this, nice one man you made it. I hope you don't mind me asking if you have ever had a period or periods you look back and kind of resent the person you were ,the opportunities you lost and the people who kind of made or triggered the addiction e.g the scarcity of sex and probably general unhappiness in a relationship or other reasons but general resentment towards a lot of stuff. I am not sure if I worded this well but basically yeah, after victory its like there are a lot of things you just start noticing that are not and were not normal .

Defenistrateo

Thank you, I'm new to the concept of this specific addiction but I have boot effed a bunch of serious additions in my past. It's nice to read a story from a source of strength and a genuin masculine point of view. Keep on keeping on B, glad you posted.

Fappy

Respected Member
that was great, if a little too detailed, but some people prefer fine detail and deconstruction of the psychology behind it, rather than a blunt force approach. this is excellent and very helpful

runksoneck

Hahaha i love this, nice one man you made it. I hope you don't mind me asking if you have ever had a period or periods you look back and kind of resent the person you were ,the opportunities you lost and the people who kind of made or triggered the addiction e.g the scarcity of sex and probably general unhappiness in a relationship or other reasons but general resentment towards a lot of stuff. I am not sure if I worded this well but basically yeah, after victory its like there are a lot of things you just start noticing that are not and were not normal .

Hey man, for sure, I regret some things I did in my past and the opportunities I lost, I think is wise to understand where you fail or where you could be better, I could play the victim here or say that I don't have regrets, but no, it was all my fault, and I don't focus on that, on the past, I focus on my present now, all that happened made me more hunger (a lot) now to live my best version in areas of my life.

runksoneck

Thank you, I'm new to the concept of this specific addiction but I have boot effed a bunch of serious additions in my past. It's nice to read a story from a source of strength and a genuin masculine point of view. Keep on keeping on B, glad you posted.
Thanks, man. I didn't get addicted to other drugs, but in general, my opinion is that all them have a point where you get addicted because you need to escape.

runksoneck

that was great, if a little too detailed, but some people prefer fine detail and deconstruction of the psychology behind it, rather than a blunt force approach. this is excellent and very helpful

Thanks. Yeah, I prefer talking based on my experience. I stopped to hear what people say and focused on what they are actually doing. Congruence

runksoneck

I think that I should be trying to find partners to rewire as soon as possible and not wait for 90 days - since I have seen some significant improvement in erections during the reboot and I think that I need the final antidote of rewiring now. I don't think I would be reintroducing masturbation because I had a terrible habit of overindulging in it which seems to have gone in these 70 days. Any tips ? I'm a virgin and do you think rewiring to a real woman played a big part in your recovery?

Hey, man, sorry for the delay. Sure, sex to me is important, especially after you tasted it, and your hormones also tell you to do that. I reintroduced M as an option to deal with my natural sexual desire, but I did without P and without escaping, and I had to report to my therapist weekly.

I think that it was an essential move because I don't depend on sex solely to satisfy my healthy sexual needs. So I have two options: sex and M without P and without escaping. I am always thinking about a system that works for my entire life, not only for 90 days. I achieved 90, 120 solely on motivation, but that doesn't work for life, that is why I failed over and over again and didn't know why.

I don't recommend that when you are at the beginning because probably you won't be able to disassociate M to P, unless you have someone that you can count on or your motivation is too high. It can be hard to see that disassociation, especially after years of beating yourself up fapping. Anyway, I can be your Accountability partner if you want to.

aymentech45

I wish you could accept reply as an opinion :
I agree with you about the explanation of what really happened to us, we are by default porn users and this is due to the responses done in the past. You are right when you say that we should cut this harmful relation about sexual energy and PME by finding another ways.

But the problem is the solution you have given; that you should relate your urges to masturbation and sex this is a big mistake, here is my explanation:

1. Masturbation is the origin of this addiction because it’s the tool the addict uses to get paid from watching porn or fantasying, in other words, No dopamine without masturbation even you have the latest pornography scenes.
  2. You can’t have sex anytime you want because this require dating and talking, so you can’t predict when you’ll have sex, this would probably force you to masturbate then watching porn.
  3. Random sex is unhealthy and it’s the main cause of several diseases like VIH.
  4. The theory of you can’t keep your sexual energy is bullshit, because we’re not animals, we have conscious.
  5. We should firstly learn how to control our sexual desire and minimize their occurrence by avoiding all the unnecessary stimulus, either natural or artificial.
  6. We are not created to just satisfy our urges and think about sex.
What I want to say is we must respond to our sexual desire only when the situation alows that which is real woman with full love exchange(marriage is the best situation), anything else is driving out from the human nature and a destruction for the brain.

Last edited:

Gardenzio

Hi runksoneck!

What a great post. I haven't read it completely, but your analysis were great also for us to understand how the addiction is acting in our brains. I hope for now you are doing well in your life.

Indeed, I would say PMO's Foruns would not recommend only M, arguing M could bring you to P in the long run, but your idea and arguments anyway seems to be consistents.

I'll save this post to read it again after.

But anyway, thanks for your sharings.

Have a nice day!