Book Suggestion for all

Sammyjo

Hello all, I hope all is going well. My husband and I have been reading books together, his latest book choice is a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear. I’m only two chapters in but I think you all might find it helpful. The title does not reflect habits that are explosive, but rather how every small choice we make (like atoms combining) ultimately create our self identity. And by making small changes we can create a new identity with new habits.

Back to reading ago… Be well!

Ato
Hello all, I hope all is going well. My husband and I have been reading books together, his latest book choice is a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear. I’m only two chapters in but I think you all might find it helpful. The title does not reflect habits that are explosive, but rather how every small choice we make (like atoms combining) ultimately create our self identity. And by making small changes we can create a new identity with new habits.

Back to reading ago… Be well!
Atomic habit is an awesome book. I have completed it.

der

Haven't read "atomic habit", but from a friend who did and reading a summary it seems a lower quality (although much popular) version of another book which is actually written by one of the leading researchers on the top topic - an actual academic.

Check out "Tiny Habits". I've personally used the theory there to eat much healthier.

I think even Tiny Habits is missing some stuff, because it fully glides on how we can use "epiphany" (e.g. reading some very compelling material - that's how I quit some specific food) and "experience" (e.g. choosing your environment, CBT techniques) which can be equally powerful and sometimes needed for quick step-changes or very high performance in an area.