Search results

1. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Clearing house and going through my old stuff, I came across a box full of letters from my exes. We were young and full of youthful emotional views. It's sad how much this addiction took away much needed clarity to lead a healthy and happy life. I was much loved, needed and appreciated. Yet I...
  2. TakeActionNow

This time I will be successful!

Congratulations @Blondie and happy belated 1 year old birthday! @originalchicagobullfan Welcome! It's not flesh and stimulation that we seek, but connection with ourselves!
  3. TakeActionNow

Dealing with Shame, PIED and Addiction!

All good @Nico , turn an episode into a lesson. Much to learn here, and more importantly, much to learn about yourself. Pay extra attention to how you feel over the next few weeks. The body gives lots of clues about what's it's going through and what might be coming. In time you'll also come...
  4. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

I thought much about a discussion elsewhere, About how I've been avoiding myself all these years About not knowing how to take care of myself. And it seems the answer is very simple. Give myself time to myself. I suppose this is where meditation and self reflection comes in. Meditation to...
  5. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

One month in a new challenge is setting in. How do I heal myself? I feel pain and loneliness I feel no one cares or can help I don't know how to give myself kindness and attention. There are answers in my questions. Let me slowly find the way. I am unfamiliar as I have been avoiding this for a...
  6. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Why are we such attention hungry people? Because we haven't given ourselves much needed self attention. Because we let others do our thinking for us. Because we depend on others to do our caring for us.
  7. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Don't do things that hurt me Always do things that help me.
  8. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Son, are you winning? Meme culture and definition aside, we all need to know we are winning sometimes. This gives us confidence and belief that we can. School environment is difficult because we are more often left with a not winning than a winning feeling. Not that school is bad, but it...
  9. TakeActionNow

quit for good

Hi @joepanic I read that your marriage and your relationship with your wife is important to you. However it is more important that you see and accept things clearly as they now are, so that you may adapt and make better and more effective choices. So "not depending on your wife for your...
  10. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

No With greater independence comes the ability to say no No is very important to keep bad things away No gives control over our life and builds strength and independence No keeps us on the straight and narrow, helping us reach our goals earlier
  11. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

With less viewing there is less desire With less desires there is less pain of not getting With less desire there is less demand for others to fulfil my needs With less pain there is greater pleasure from the surrounding With less external demand there is greater inner peace and resilience I...
  12. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

With greater distance and demand for PMO comes a shift of reliance towards reality. The attractions of PMO diminish quickly because clarity of the realization that they are false grows stronger with each passing day. Reality is really not as bad as when viewed under the deluded eyes of the...
  13. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

NATURALLY POSITIVE With reduced PMO comes reduced demand for reality to conform with expectations. (Since PMO is so planned and predictable) With reduced conformance demand comes less distress when things don't go as planned or expectations (maturity) With less distress comes opportunity to...
  14. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Pessimism and negativity are stimulants. It just dawn to me that these dreadful 2 are actually self created stimulants. Why? When "bad" thing happens, adrenals are released and we get a fight or fight rush. Also, when we are pessimistic, any bit of bad is like an affirmation that our...
  15. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Exploring the body cycle and trying to understand what I am going through and what are the solutions that I really need. Week 0. Stressed. Needing relief Week 1. calm Week 1 end. Rebound cravings Week 2. Feeling somewhat lost and undirected Week 3. Clarity regaining Week 4. Mature strong and...
  16. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

What do I have? An addiction What do I really have? A dependency What am I addicted to? PMO What am I really addicted to? Fast stimulant What am I really really addicted to? Now results Why do I need now results? No results Why don't I have results? No past investments Why don't I have past...
  17. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

https://aeon.co/essays/why-the-pull-of-addictive-cravings-is-so-hard-to-resist
  18. TakeActionNow

Crawling from the wreckage

Btw my last relapse/release was also in desperation a little over a month ago. I weighed that it was much needed to get over a stressful bump in my life. Interesting observations of my own were: 1. The emotional attachments were less now 2. I was very prepared and anticipated the coming...
  19. TakeActionNow

Crawling from the wreckage

@TryingHarder Thank you for sharing and being open and honest. This is the only way to beat addiction. Also be kind to yourself. You were trying to help yourself in the few ways you know how during emergencies. Personally i see relapses as a good thing. It reveals a lot of hidden details and...
  20. TakeActionNow

My future is awesome!

Learned Anxiety Addictions are fast acting by nature. Too easy to obtain Too fast to get high In time we lose the knowledge and ability to have patience We want every thing now We no longer foreplay life or effort We want things done even before we begin Not getting what we want now builds...