Search results

1. G

THE BEST SPIRITUAL WAY TO FIGHT TEMPTATION

The children of Israel were given one chance to go into the promised land. They did not go in. “Later,” they regretted that decision and tried to go in. They were defeated and never made it in. We all have the chance to quit, the opportunity to go to war with sin, the opportunity to do God's...
  2. G

Therefore thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway. 20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: 21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land...
  3. G

Joy is found when we do things exactly God's way. If you struggle with lust, constantly pray prayers about what the Bible says “To do.” The Bible says to run from lust. Pray constantly about running, think constantly about running from lust. The Bible says to be content. To be content with clean...
  4. G

Sin grows and sin dominates more and more. Adam and Eve never thought their little sin would have such a catastrophic impact. Satan will try to fool us the same way today. Consider praying: “Father, help me to not let sin reign in my body.” Psalm 97:10 ESV O you who love the Lord, hate evil...
  5. G

Today, I added a bunch of articles in the 3-19-2024 index.
  6. G

Today, if God said, “Line up for the great battle. We need every person. If you don't fight and do my will, bad things will happen to a lot of people.” In that scenario, most of us would march to the front, and fight for the win. But that is not what happens. In real life what happens is satan...
  7. G

The Bible often talks about righteousness. Sounds hard. But it simply means living right. To change we need to live “right.” Matthew 5:20 ESV For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” The scribes and...
  8. G

Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD. 8 Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. 9 Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD’s wrath, until he pleads my case and upholds my cause. He will bring me out into the light; I...
  9. G

John 8:34 ESV Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. We look at the pleasure that the Bible says is sin as something we want to do. The Bible says that this makes us a slave. Consider praying: “Father, show me what I am a slave to?” I...
  10. G

Today I am listing what articles from the linked thread say “To do” to avoid depression. #1 Give thanks for what you have #2 Start to know and do God's will. #3 To have good days memorize 1 Peter 3:11 Let him turn away from evil and do good #4 Consider starting to exercise while looking at a...
  11. G

Consider praying: “Father, show me what You want me to do.” The problem is... We don't spend enough time in prayer to know what “To do.” Consider praying: “Father, give me wisdom regarding finding my purpose.” I have prayed that prayer a lot this week, and it is helping. Here is an example...
  12. G

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.” This verse is from the Old Testament, the New Testament adds that...
  13. G

Note: This article contains harsh Bible verses and concepts. Please only continue if that is what you want. In Corinthians, Paul says, “Our weapons are mighty for pulling down strongholds.” He says we can “Cast down imaginations and strongholds.” Very few people reading this have enough...
  14. G

When frustrated, plan your next move. If nothing is going on except your frustration, plan how you will get busy (Get active). If too much is going on, plan how you will change your mindset with something relaxing that might take your mind off of _______. Second, call someone. They can probably...
  15. G

I don't write about fasting enough. Jesus said, “When you fast,” not if you fast. Fasting from food, and praying instead is great for quitting habits. Also, things like fasting from risky TV and watching cleaner TV. Fasting from normal shows and watching sports. Fasting from “Staring.” Fasting...
  16. G

The Bible says to think about things that are of good report. Every minute of every day we get to choose... Think about bad things, job problems, school problems, money problems, or, we can go out of our way to find something good to think about. This is a great exercise for quitting addictions...
  17. G

Have a #1 verse about lust that you think about “All the time.” If you need a harsh verse to quit, find a harsh verse. If you need a verse about being filled with the Spirit to quit, find a lust verse that talks about that. If you need a “Put this to death verse to quit, find a put this to death...
  18. G

Paul was a genius at overcoming trials because he was busy. #1 Busy trying to find out what God wanted him to do. #2 Busy doing what he thought God wanted him to do. #3 Busy praising God. I suspect none of us praise the Lord like Paul did. Maybe we should. #4 Busy thinking about how...
  19. G

1 Corinthians 10:7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” Ouch, eating, drinking, and playing can all be idolatry. When I ate too much last night I never in my wildest dreams thought, “I better stop, this...
  20. G

Thomas Edison recommended that people always keep trying. People think he was the smartest person in the world. But I doubt it. He was one of many brilliant people, but, he became the greatest inventor because he always kept trying. After failure #400 with the lightbulb, he tried again. Second...