Search results

1. 4

Ready for the fog to lift

Day 11 I am still in the throes of recovery, so PMO is still not an option. I feel it. I feel the pangs of withdrawal. It's quite existential. As in, who am I coming out of this? I don't really know who I am outside of this addiction. When it's all systems go down there, will I have the...
  2. 4

Day 1-4 (today is day 4) Update: Last year, I began researching adult circumcision. I was not circumcised as a child. Other members of my family were. My parents don't talk about it and I don't bring it up, but I have come to understand that I may have had an infection in the penis area that...
  3. 4

Sorry for the silence! I have been sick and, I learned, a weakened body is not a plus when it comes to attempting to quit PMO. I am just coming out of it and I will send a longer update soon - there's a lot for me to unpack here, in this supportive environment. Thanks for reading!
  4. 4

Day 5 Great day! But I will say this: this evening, after our guests left, I struggled. I thought for sure I was going to relapse and I was starting to go through the thought process that typically leads to me justifying a PMO session. But I didn't. Instead, I recalled what many of you have...
  5. 4

Day 4 Today has been a fantastic day, spent with great people, doing fun things. It's been meaningful and it has felt great to be connected with such wonderful people. I am grateful for today. Thanks for reading!
  6. 4

Day 3 The week wrapped-up swimmingly. Some items remain on my to-do list, but overall I am happy with things heading into the weekend. I am on day three following a relapse that left me feeling insecure and unmotivated. That is starting to change. It began looking brighter yesterday and...
  7. 4

Day 2 Things have started to turn around today. I am still feeling a bit unproductive and lethargic, but I did manage to muster some focus and I did manage to strike a few things off of a fairly long to-do list. And, I did not PMO. I am interested in my current slump. I am not sure what...
  8. 4

Day 1 Today has been an okay day. I did not get a lot done and I had trouble focusing. That said, I did not PMO. For that, I am grateful. I also managed to add some fields to the spreadsheet I use to track the details of my good days and the details associated with my relapses. I added...
  9. 4

Thanks for this! I really like the idea of generating a list of triggers, along with strategies/distractions. I have been tracking my days in a spreadsheet full of columns and categories and I will be adding these to it. Thanks!
  10. 4

I did not have a good weekend! The fatigue that followed last week's busy work schedule - travelling, presenting, and repeat - was a real challenge for me. I had no fuel in the tank. I was stressed about all the other work I missed as a result of my travels and I was physically and mentally...
  11. 4

Day 1 Today was a good day. I still feel tired from the week I left behind, but I am starting to feel a smidge more recharged. The week ahead appears busy, but not stressful. I got this. Thanks for reading! And I appreciate the hell out of the support I am getting from all of you!
  12. 4

Thanks! Your advice is refreshingly practical. I can get behind it!
  13. 4

I came home after a very, very exhausting week away and I succumbed. I had nothing left in the tank, in terms of defences. I was and am quite exhausted. I thought I had this. I was feeling great. I am not sure how to handle coping with something as challenging as a day eight while feeling such...
  14. 4

Day 7 I did it. I finished day seven without retreating to PMO. It was one of the busiest work/travel days I have had in years, and I made it through. I think one of you told me that I would appreciate tackling these challenging situations with the mental clarity that comes with not not...
  15. 4

Day 6 Today has been a good day. I was able to distract myself from the push to retreat from work stress into a PMO session. I spent the majority of the day traveling to my destination, where I am now, in a hotel room, about to go to bed without taking my laptop with me. I am aware that day...
  16. 4

Day 5 Today was a good day. I am in the midst of a squabble with my workmate, but other than that, it's been good. I was home alone for the majority of the day and I was able to distract myself when temptation stuck. I remained focused on the work that needed to be done. I do feel myself...
  17. 4

Day 4 Today was a good day! I got a lot of work done and I spent time with family, which, for me, can often be triggering. This time, though, I think choosing to drink less and stay present helped keep me feeling confident and in control. This week will be a challenge. I am facing a...
  18. 4

Day 3 It was a fantastic day, everyone! I spent a lot of it outside. I'd love to say I felt strong today, but the day passed quickly and easily. I know I will face some challenging days ahead. But, I am grateful for this one. It was a gift. Thanks for reading!
  19. 4

Day 2 This day has been good, albeit exceptionally busy with work-related things. I spent a lot of the day frustrated with a colleague, but before I go down the road of expressing those feelings, I'd like to take stock of whether I am actually angry at my workmate or merely dealing with the...
  20. 4

Day 1 Today was a good day, albeit one consumed by work and by my desire to identify the triggers that led to yesterday’s relapse. According to an interesting and informative article @TakeActionNow shared in this thread, the seventh day is characterized by a dopamine drop for which I should...