Search results

1. G

THE BEST SPIRITUAL WAY TO FIGHT TEMPTATION

Joseph ran from lust because he knew God had something for him to do. He also knew that lust would greatly hinder his ability to do it. Today, I have not taken 1 second to think about what God wants me to do. I will never be famous like Joseph because of that error. God created all of us to do...
  2. G

Pure thoughts are clean thoughts. Pure thinking involves thinking in a pure way about what we will read, watch, listen to, or think about. Consider praying David's prayer: “Create in me a pure heart Oh God, and renew a right Spirit within me.” Step one in thinking pure thoughts is to plan to...
  3. G

Yesterday I pushed turning from lust. But, if 100% of our thoughts are either lust or turning from lust, it may be a rough battle. Some days we are restless, frustrated, wanting to go back to our destruction. So yes, start with turning from lust and fighting lust, but quickly transition to...
  4. G

Chess players who attack, win more often. Chess players who react, lose more often. In fighting lust, always attack. Always pray: “Father, help me to turn from lust, and help me to love others.” Start praying before you go out, before you turn on the TV, before you go to a tempting place, and...
  5. G

Consider the habit of turning to scripture to solve your problems. If your energy is low search “Verses strength” and study and pray over that. If your anger is high study/pray “Verses anger,” if your relationships stink, study/pray “Verses contentment.” Why? Because problems lead back to...
  6. G

This article contains remarks about Jesus as well as other hot-button spiritual things. Please proceed if that is what you want. The Bible says we can find a way out from temptation. One way out is to find an article that addresses our current situation. I have over 100 titles in the Christian...
  7. G

With the 1-2 habit, we write down 1-2 key things from an article. To triple its effectiveness set an alarm to review these key items every 30 minutes. Obviously, this only works when you are more alone and can review the key things for a few minutes. But, those are the times when temptation...
  8. G

It is wise to be honest when we slip into blatant sin. Our car needs a big repair, our brother is making us mad, and the dog has fleas. We have a perfect excuse to fall back into sin. We have every right to fall. Every reason. It is justified. God will understand. Wait! Will He? When I slam the...
  9. G

The 1-2 Habit 1-2 is a top 5 habit to have for quitting. The 1-2 is writing out or copying and pasting 1-2 key points from articles you like. Write out a top tip (or two) so that you can begin to remember it and implement it into your daily thoughts/life. Consider praying: “Jesus, teach me...
  10. G

Peter walked on water. I knew someone who also walked on water (spiritually). My Aunt was divorced, broke, and raised two kids alone. And, she was completely filled with God's joy. How? Because her God was big, huge, mighty, powerful, able to do anything. For every minute that I knew her she...
  11. G

Adam and Eve “Saw the fruit,” it pleased their eyes, and they ate it. Eating it opened their eyes. Which eyes? Their physical eyes. Also at that exact moment, their spiritual eyes were closed. When our spiritual eyes close we fall into darkness. When our physical eyes open we start the craving...
  12. G

This post contains harsh Bible verses and Spiritual content. Please proceed if that is what you want. The Bible says to think about things that are noble. Noble thoughts are majestic, awesome thoughts. Today we can think: God has a plan for me, or, God has a great plan for me, if I sit around...
  13. G

Yesterday was bad. To fight back I prayed the following prayers back to back repeatedly: “Lord, help me to love.” “Father, help me to be tough.” “Father, help me to turn from lust.” “Father, show me Your will.” Every time I started to think about bad stuff, I started to pray these prayers...
  14. G

What new things do you do instead now?
  15. G

Quitting addiction without God is impossible. We either quit addiction and do what God wants or we change addictions. Some quit by a complete dedication to sports or hobbies. But in these cases, they simply have a new addiction, one that is way better, and less destructive. However, finding...
  16. G

Jesus is the rock. Toughness is a big part of quitting. A rock is tough, Jesus is tough. He continued living the right way when bad things happened to him. When life gets tough, get tough. Try praying, Lord, help me to be tough. In tough situations, try saying, I will be tough (repeatedly). Try...
  17. G

You are at home and want a bowl of ice cream. Think first. Can you increase your pleasure with a large bowl of ice cream instead of a half bowl? No! Overindulgence never increases pleasure. You need to think about hundreds of hours in front of the mirror. Trips to the doctor because of bad...
  18. G

Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you[a] shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Read this, study it, memorize it...
  19. G

Taylor Swift is a rock star. 8 years ago I assumed she was a star based on her great looks and good voice. But after watching a movie that goes behind the scenes, I realized, she lives, breathes, and thinks about music all the time. She constantly writes and records songs. To quit, we need to...