Coping with Life During Reboot

zander13

I just want to talk about the idea of living life while experiencing the difficulties of a reboot. I myself have had a very difficult time finding joy in things, which has made it difficult to stay interested in responsibilities, etc.

If I'm being honest, my life has been a long list of minor failures. I'm starting to learn that because I started watching fetish stuff so early on (end of 7th grade), I've never been healthy as a teen/adult. I'm 26 now, and after a year of only 12 relapses, the weight of my failures is finally starting to hit me.

getagrip

It's good to see reality as it is, but look at it this way: you've come to this forum and posted publicly. That's a huge success right there, a major step forward. This could very well mark a turning point for you.

If you check out the "success stories" section you'll see that a lot of guys have come from a lot further back than you and are now living healthy sexual lives. You can do the same!

I come to this site a couple of times a day. I don't always post, but just reading a few threads gives me a lot of encouragement and motivation. When you're here, you realize you are among many, many guys in the same boat. There's a lot of support here, and I recommend you take advantage of it.

Please keep us posted!

57yrold

zander13 said:
I just want to talk about the idea of living life while experiencing the difficulties of a reboot. I myself have had a very difficult time finding joy in things, which has made it difficult to stay interested in responsibilities, etc.

If I'm being honest, my life has been a long list of minor failures. I'm starting to learn that because I started watching fetish stuff so early on (end of 7th grade), I've never been healthy as a teen/adult. I'm 26 now, and after a year of only 12 relapses, the weight of my failures is finally starting to hit me.

It's fantastic that you're here posting, and that you're realizing you need things to change.

I too would encourage you to read all the success stories.  Watch Gabe's videos and get educated on this whole thing.

Everyone goes through flatlines.  I'm in one myself and I'm very depressed and anxious.  It's terrible, but I know that it means good things are happening in my brain.  Things are going back to 'normal' and I'm healing.

You'll heal too.  I'm quite sure of it.  Just hang in there and stay away from PMO.

Best of luck.  Come back here often and tell us of your progress.  You're going to inspire a bunch of people!

zander13

Thank you so much for the support guys. It feels amazing to have people who understand what I've been through/am still enduring.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on how things are going, and I'd be interested to hear how things are going for you as well!

57yrold

Please do Zander.  We're rooting for you.

I'm having a terrible day today.  Rainy/cold/crappy weather here, and it's dragging me down.

I'm still in a bad flatline, with lots of depression/anxiety/low libido/blah...

This means my brain is resetting back to 'normal', or so I've been told.  That's a good thing.  (I keep telling myself that, as I feel like crap)

Hang in there.  NO PMO!!

zander13

I've been using this http://www.recoverynation.com/ as a tool for recovery. Very very enlightening. Though I agree that PMO addiction doesn't need trauma in order to take hold, but I do agree that as the addiction progressed, we began to use it as our number one source for emotional control/manipulation. I highly suggest that website.