stepbystep's journal

Gigili

Hi stepbystep,

Keep up the good work. You once hit 30 days, I'm sure you can do more this time. I couldn't find much about you in your journal. Feel free to share more about your P watching habits in the past, your situation, your feelings or whatever you feel comfortable sharing. People can help you more and make relevant suggestions if they know more about you. Stay strong and positive :)

stepbystep

Day 7. Thought about carrying out my temptations but they are only thoughts. Thoughts are not actions. I will not use today.

EarthWalker

Respected Member
Try not to be too hard on yourself. I like to think instead of "you" screwing up. You just got overwhelmed. Just get back on the horse. Not a big deal. Take it a day at a time.

EW

stepbystep

Thanks EW for the support. Day 1. Feeling better now. I think in the next few days before temptations get bad, I?ll be thinking about what I can do differently this time.

ShadeTrenicin

Hey SBS, glad to see you back on the horse already. How are you doing on the temptation / urge front? Keep us informed

stepbystep

Thanks ShadeTrenicin for checking in. I just came here because of a temptation. It?s hard to stay focused during the work day but that?s the right thing to do. Going to right back to work now.

I hear you man. Remember that the urge is temporary. Time to implement your strategy. Aim at your goal and fight. For me, motivation and keeping myself productively busy, are key. Go out for a walk/run, if able. Reach out to an old friend or family member to catch up. Encounter authentic beauty: classical music, poetry, art that elevates you mind and soul beyond the mundane material world.

Never give up, this too shall pass.

stepbystep

Thanks guys for the encouragement! Really appreciate the support. I made it through the day without MB but I did middle circle with Reddit videos :( . It wasn't a relapse so I'm still counting my days. I realized I couldn't do this alone at that point so I reached out to my previous sponsor to talk to him about restarting accountability. That helped a lot and I'm doing a lot better now with temptations.

Day 7.

EarthWalker

Respected Member
Part of the process. Stick to basics. Create distance between trigger and response. Remember why you are doing this. Remember the past PMO sessions and how shitty they made you feel.

You got this.
EW