Your Diet and Recovery

Legend

As the title suggests, how is your diet affecting your recovery process? I notice if I skip breakfast or eat a larger portion of unhealthy foods that sap my body of energy, my movement towards relapse increases drastically. Science suggests that a small amount of sugar can temporarily increase willpower, but a poor diet overall can drastically affect our discipline overall. Diet and recovery appear to have nearly a direct correlation.

Have you found that certain foods, or your diet in general, affects your ability to abstain? If not, see what you can do this week to alter what you put in your body and keep moving forward with growth!

davideyar

I found that sugar don't generally bode with my body which is a shame since I like it so much. It really is an inconsistent source of energy for me plus I crave more food if I eat lots of food with sugar in them. Generally, I function really well if I eat a variety of food rather than consuming only one type.

Sanders

Just in general I'd say a healthy diet has many good results. Being in a good place both mentally and physically helps a lot when trying to undertake a change in behaviour. Eat healthy, varied and fresh foods, make sure you get enough sleep every night and have some exercise. I doubt there is a specific diet to help to stop you from masturbating, just become a healthier person overall :)