Journal- Mornings

Legend

Mornings are where my most setbacks occur. I woke up this morning and virtually unconsciously gave in as if my prefrontal cortex simply wasn't awake yet. Going to work on getting out of bed faster.

I relate to this. Mornings are the hardest time for me as well. I'm going to create a morning routine for myself so I don't lay there without having anything set in stone to give me a reason to get out of bed. If I just lay there, I won't get up to eat and am at a much higher risk.

anubu0

Hey legend. I know I told you this before and I'm not sure if you tried it but try to wake up and have your phone away from you. Maybe a different room? Maybe underneath your bed? That way you are distanced from technology and go do other things. For me, when I wake up I go outside for a few minutes and just don't do anything. I then eat breakfast, and THEN I get on my phone. It gives my brain time to warm up and then I journal.

Legend

I appreciate the help. I normally keep my phone away from my bed, and it's been more of my thoughts in the morning over content. I will start going outside in the mornings. Thanks guys!