This time I have to quit it for good!

@zackergeet , Awesome feat there . Getting past 200 I can only dream of it for myself. You are an inspiration story for sure .
How do you handle weak moments or negative self talk in your head/thoughts that seem to try to pull you back into addiction ? curious to know what you doin those key moments .
im on 180 days and how do it i just think that if i relapse i may never have kids, normal life thats the biggest motivation

zackergeet

Day 0. Unfortunately many things happened along the way. I had a accident and due to the pain, I went for the PMO option. Since then I have only been able to stay free 2 weeks. I tried to make a count for myself since I am feeling better but it seems that posting here really helps. I need to be more strict with myself. All the progress that I had, down there it felt alive now I feels that I cannot get it up by my own. Even after 200 days I could get it up by my own, but for sure I had successful sex. Let’s do this again! No time to feel bad.

Phineas 808

Staff member
Zackergeet, you are and continue to be an inspiration, 'day 0' notwithstanding.

You know you're not truly at 0, because of all the progress you've made in the previous 200+ days. The effects downstairs are no doubt related, but giving yourself another lengthy streak will restore and continue the healing. You should see progress 2 or 3 weeks in...(?)

I have experience with lapsing after a lengthy streak, and I know that everything is mentality at this point. If you're too down about it, it will be harder to get that traction. Another danger, of course, is reestablishing the old neural pathways, resensitization, or rehabituation of the former behaviors. This is through repeatability.

So, early on, find that focus and inspiration again. And notice any reestablished or new patterns of behavior that lead toward acting out, and break these up. The key is in the habits that surround the [unwanted] habit.

You got this, brother. I believe you will get up from this, and continue kicking some serious arse! PMO is your bihatch!

zackergeet

Zackergeet, you are and continue to be an inspiration, 'day 0' notwithstanding.

You know you're not truly at 0, because of all the progress you've made in the previous 200+ days. The effects downstairs are no doubt related, but giving yourself another lengthy streak will restore and continue the healing. You should see progress 2 or 3 weeks in...(?)

I have experience with lapsing after a lengthy streak, and I know that everything is mentality at this point. If you're too down about it, it will be harder to get that traction. Another danger, of course, is reestablishing the old neural pathways, resensitization, or rehabituation of the former behaviors. This is through repeatability.

So, early on, find that focus and inspiration again. And notice any reestablished or new patterns of behavior that lead toward acting out, and break these up. The key is in the habits that surround the [unwanted] habit.

You got this, brother. I believe you will get up from this, and continue kicking some serious arse! PMO is your bihatch!
Hey man I really really appreciate your words, it is a really strong and awful feeling to relapse but we cannot surrender. Day 6 without PMO, hopefully this time will be longer and forever. This is what I wish. Likewise, it seems that failing has a strong impact to us that have developed Pied or DE. After 200 days I felt very good but a couple of failure can really take many steps back. Let’s do it again!

TakeActionNow

Respected Member
Hey @zackergeet , sorry to hear about your accident.
hope you're feeling better now.
Dont worry about the lapse, we're only human. Most important is just get back up and back on it, which you clearly have done.
I'm 100% with @Phineas 808, you're not truly 0, or 6.
you just went over a little speed bump.
so please dont punish yourself more with a reset.
You're doing 200+ still and an inspiration for us all

imsorrynotsorry

Then finally it's really important that you know where you want to move your life towards. It's much easier to focus on building a good life than to constantly be afraid of falling back and avoiding that. Fill your life with healthy activities and you're more likely to succeed!
Is see a lot of truth in this. A change needs a lot of time, not 90 days or 6 months. Real changes need 2 years. If you are willing, you can do it. Be open to everything that CAN help and focus on the things you find useful. I have some links and advices in my journal, see signature.

all the best to you bro

imsor