This has to stop. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

Hey Jerry!
I am super encouraged by your attitude & faith. I’m struggle this week and it’s powerful to know that there are guys who are holding on in the middle of it!
Thanks for sharing!

JerryTX

Checking in and it's been a good week. Wife's surgery went well and she is recovering nicely. Son home this weekend and no real cravings. I am back on track and feel encouraged.
Good thing coming out of this morning's devotional.
"When your tempted and feel the pull to speak to GOD, don't run from his presence. In that very second of need, run to HIM!"

Last week during that horrible lapse and realistically all the times during this journey, I always feel the pull of GOD/HOLY SPIRIT! Like the cartoon of the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other this is truly what I experience. Sounds elementary and childish but it's true for me. So many times I feel the pull of GOD but disregard it and run to the temptations! When I have been at my best during this journey is when I do run to HIM.
1 Corinthians 10:13
GOD Bless RN and have a great weekend!

JerryTX

I looked up that verse and I was looking at vs 1-14 around it and thinking then, these are all common temptations to man then: lust after evil things; idolatry; fornication; tempting Christ; murmuring.

I guess when we succumb to the temptations it just can manifest differently in men and women for some of those things.

I am the type I would have been hurt if my husband had ever even had a temptation to begin with, let alone succumb to it. It has been very difficult for me to accept God's word as to exactly what it says: these temptations are common to man(kind) period.

Probably the ways of escape are different at different times and different situations for each person. Yours is running to God in your mind. Mine too. I get fearful.

I have to do that same thing brother, run to him in my mind. I cannot deal with the temptation on my own, I am not strong enough.

It says: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. And that would be my temptation is to fear instead of running to God like you said.

I have to say I've never actually called my husband lord, small l. But the thought of that is actually so incredibly beautiful thinking about, but it would be really embarrassing if I did it, almost painfully embarrassing, but what a beautiful thought.

Well I will see you later brother. I am really glad he is not ashamed to call us brethren, I thank God for that because we are just woefully insufficient in ourselves without him. I am really thankful for you brother and the beautiful thing is if we fall we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And praise God for the Lord Jesus Christ.

I really cannot overcome the fears on my own so I pray he increase my faith in this way. And I have seen him do it and can say I am in a far different place now on that issue than I was a few years back.

See you later ok, I am really thankful for all you guys on here, really, really thankful.
Really appreciate your response. The P Demon is a tough one. For me to "stay strong" doesn't work as I am just relying upon myself and not leaning into GOD.