Doing Real and my last Reboot from today

96LostWanderer

I know the chaser effect has set in now and you’re relapsing because of that. Try to limit your internet use or using the internet alone over the next few days.

Just remember you recently did a 42 day streak. If you can do it once you can definitely do it again. You’ve already proved you can do it.

Escapeandnevercomeback

Respected Member
I know the chaser effect has set in now and you’re relapsing because of that. Try to limit your internet use or using the internet alone over the next few days.

Just remember you recently did a 42 day streak. If you can do it once you can definitely do it again. You’ve already proved you can do it.
We definitely can but... there is a "but" here. If that streak was achieved by suffering like a dog with urges and being totally uncomfortable: When the mind moves from being very uncomfortable to comfortable (post-relapse where there are no urges), it doesn't want to go to uncomfortable again. Hence why many of us have short streaks after a longer one. It's happened to me, it's happened to Do or Die and it's not exclusive to the two of us. That's what happens when you rely on brute willpower to make it. We need more than willpower. Willpower is like a muscle. You can train it to work more but it gets tired eventually.

Phineas 808

Staff member

Think about it, Do- you just did 42 days! If you're struggling so soon after it's proof that you're being too hard on yourself. Urges be damned! They're momentary (no matter how intense), and they pass, they always pass. How did you do it for over a month?

Simply get up, and go! You got this, and your progress is not lost!