Need advice please

Rebel79

So me and my wife have decided the way to heal is through starting from the beginning and date eachother. She wants me to woo her and win her. I’ve been out of dating for 16 years and wasn’t really good to begin with. I’d love to get some tips and advice on things I could try. What would you like your partner to do for you?
Thanks for reading.

guiganvoger

The fun thing about dating someone your excited about is that period of getting to know each other and learn more about one another. Obviously since your married you must know about as much as there is to know. So, I would suggest thinking about little things to do everyday. Leave little gifts or messages where she can find them that say "I love you". Food, candles, flowers, all those things work with my wife. Just do anything that shows your thinking about her and she will respond.

My wife really loves it when I do anything for her that shows I've put real thought into it and honestly done my best to come up with something that I think she'll really enjoy. Even on the occasions that it doesn't turn out being that great (maybe the restaurant doesn't end up being as good as we thought, or the movie turned out to be boring or whatever) she still loves it because she can see I put a lot of effort into trying to make it special for her. The goal is just to show that you really genuinely are trying and you really do genuinely love her and want to make her happy and win her all over again--you can't just say it, she has to see it!

So, think of things that you know that your wife really loves, and make an effort to plan an evening (or a day) where you do them. Have a schedule of things planned out and spoil her everywhere along the entire way. Maybe a picnic by the beach (or in a park or wherever her favourite place is) with her favourite foods that you have prepared especially, then going out and doing some activity that your wife really enjoys (ice skating or bowling or going to the zoo or literally anything, doesn't matter, just something you know she loves and maybe wishes she could do more often). Be prepared to blow the budget a little bit at first if necessary, if you come up with an idea that's more than you would usually spend, I think it'll be worth the expense. Then, a punnet of her favourite icecream in front of the TV watching her favourite movie. Or going somewhere pretty to watch the sunset (still with the ice cream). The only limits are your imagination (and maybe COVID).

Back when my wife and I were dating, I would spend a lot of time planning things like this out because I wanted to impress her and make her happy. It's kind of sad that once you are married for a while you sort of get comfortable with each other and stop trying. Just writing this has made me realise I need to plan something like this for my wife again sometime soon, haha.