Changing for the Best

guiganvoger

I think it's funny that the tag next to my name says "active member". I definitely haven't been active for the last few weeks and I am currently on the right track again as of a few days ago. I remember when I was first starting out that I wanted to be that person that had the active member tag or was reaching 100+ day streaks. I know that I am the only one who can make the activity happen and create those 100+ days of freedom. It's all in me and I have the power to do this and make that choice for myself.

Phineas 808

Staff member
I think it's funny that the tag next to my name says "active member". I definitely haven't been active for the last few weeks and I am currently on the right track again as of a few days ago. I remember when I was first starting out that I wanted to be that person that had the active member tag or was reaching 100+ day streaks. I know that I am the only one who can make the activity happen and create those 100+ days of freedom. It's all in me and I have the power to do this and make that choice for myself.

You can hit those tripple digits, brother!

Yeah, I think 'Active Member' simply means that you've posted X-amount of times. So, anything beyond that, 'Respected Member' means you've posted more... Be well.

guiganvoger

Here are my weekly goals and success rate for the week:
GOALSMONTUEWEDTHURFRISATSUNSUCCESS RATE
Eat a home cooked meal
1​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
71%​
Read before bed
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
100%​
Meditate 10 min
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
14%​
Exercise 30 min
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
71%​
Study 15 min
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
29%​

I did really well with exercising, eating healthy home cooked meals, and reading before bedtime instead of tv through the week really well. I remarked earlier in the week that I thought of changing my meditation to something of selfcare instead, but I really would like to have a mix of both, even though I haven't done any meditation this week. I did spend time writing out some personal affirmations and identity traits for myself to reference and use as confirmation of the person I really want to be. I think this is a good start to developing something new for my overall goals and life accomplishments. My study time to learn something new, which I also thought of changing to creative time, was ok but I think I have much room for improvement and would like to spend more of my time learning and doing something new even if only for 15 minutes. I think if I get a small hobby that I can spend a little time with each day then I can feel productive with that time and be using it well.

I did originally have a goal of waking up at 8 am on my weekend days which I did this Friday so 33% success on that, but ultimately, I value being able to have time in the morning with my wife and sleep in with her and be together and relax when we actually have the opportunity. I feel that if I am doing everything else on the table than I should not feel like I am not being productive if I don't wake up early on my days off.

guiganvoger

Checking in again for the goals last week:
GOALSMONTUEWEDTHURFRISATSUNSUCCESS RATE
Eat a home cooked meal
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
86%​
Read before bed
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
71%​
Meditate 10 min
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
29%​
Exercise 30 min
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
100%​
Study 15 min
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
29%​

I did really well with exercising, reading, and eating healthy meals this week and again slacked on my meditation and study time. I didn't read on Saturday because I stayed at a friend's house and didn't bring my book and was too tired from being active all weekend that I didn't read when I got home Sunday night. I started the week with more motivation to study and meditate but fizzled out about midweek. I guess I will really have to try to make a habit of these things for myself.

I am 16 days no PMO or MO but I did which is awesome. I felt like the first 15 days were going by without any real triggers, urges, and the like. Today however, I felt really tempted and definitely felt a strange sudden change from being absolutely no problem to feeling not in control. Stuck out the bad feelings though and I'm gonna keep going with tomorrow and whatever feelings may come with it.

guiganvoger

I have failed over and over again. My wife is finally through and is planning on divorcing me. I couldn't feel more stupid and ashamed. I have hit rock bottom and I must change now in order to save the shred of possibility that there is for my marriage. I can be that change. I will throw everything away to be with her. I can't give up because she means everything to me. I love her so much and I only have myself to blame.

Phineas 808

Staff member
Sorry to hear that, brother. Hope this can be turned around. Regardless, do it for yourself first.

Wishing you the best, guiganvoger.

Hey man, I also wish you the best!

You said it yourself - you have hit rock bottom
The only way from here is up
Let this be the catalyst for you to make a real positive change

I hope things have improved since your last post