All Things Are Possible

Swema

Hey it's still a struggle for me as well. I had to completely remove Twitter as it was too much temptation.

JC
There are triggers all over but agree that Twitter is flooded with triggers!
I am new and on my fist and going on to day two.
//Swema

Day 1.

This day feels forever long. I hear guys talk about the chaser effect and it's so real. I just want to say..."I'll just fully indulge for a day then get back to it tomorrow" but I know that's a spiral down.

I've said before that I think my addiction is tied to my loneliness. I'm struggling with that now and trying to appreciate the people I have in my life instead of spending energy thinking about the ones that aren't close to me. Which I think ties into the whole not thinking of what I'm 'not doing' (urgh!) But focus on all the good things I have and can be doing.

Anyway ...fighting to make it through today

guitar1968

Struggling to work out and just struggled so bad with urges. It's been 12 days and I feel like I'm not gonna make it.
Someone mentioned that the urges come like a wave...which I guess makes sense cause it feels like it's just getting more intense the desire to PMO.
Which sucks cause a day or two ago, I felt really great. But now every other thought is to watch P and MO.
Gonna be on here a bunch today or maybe just hide my phone. Here's hoping tomorrow is better
Hang in there man. Yes, the waves come strong and hard in the beginning. And sometimes in the middle. But they do get easier to ride. Coming here is a great start. Find something else to put your mind to. Get involved in anything you can. You can win the battle.

Stay strong. You can do this!

Day 2

I haven't made it very far in this journey (trying to beat 13 days this time!) But man, day 2 & 3 is rough. I'm doing better this time at not looking at any 'suggestive' images. Im staying away from Twitter and somehow my Instagram has be reset from all the near nude images. So, this looks like it's changing.

I feel that after days of no MO I get so restless. I guess running away from situations that would cause me to M. Instead of being alone, Go and do something. Which is what I'm gonna do right now.

Escapeandnevercomeback

Respected Member
Day 2

I haven't made it very far in this journey (trying to beat 13 days this time!) But man, day 2 & 3 is rough. I'm doing better this time at not looking at any 'suggestive' images. Im staying away from Twitter and somehow my Instagram has be reset from all the near nude images. So, this looks like it's changing.

I feel that after days of no MO I get so restless. I guess running away from situations that would cause me to M. Instead of being alone, Go and do something. Which is what I'm gonna do right now.
ye, find something you like to do and do that when you are tempted. Idle time is the devil's playground.

Day 0
I want to say it doesn't count but let's just say it does. I looked at Twitter and ended up quickly browsing. I didn't do anything else & it sorta just happened without me searching for it but it happened.
Im feeling very low and worn out. I have so many things to be thankful for but today I'm feeling spent. And when this happens, I think I just want to numb myself with P & M.
Holding off of that and restarting. I'm so tired of this.

JerryTX

This journey can be frustrating but it does and will get better. For me I just had to know my triggers/temptations and do my best to avoid or remove them. Then slowly learned how to fight them and more importantly win the fight. Hang in there!

Joel

That's when we need to take stock, regroup, change something about our recovery plan and start again. The best time to plant a tree is 20years ago, the second best time is right now. Hope you're well, my friend.

Day one

Just got back from two weeks out of country alone. I had a couple of rough moments but NO WHERE NEAR as bad as it could if been (or has been) in the past.

I'm not even close to perfect but I do feel like the hold PM used to have on me is getting weaker. I don't need it in my life and I want to be the best husband and father possible.

So, even though I think today is a day 1, I have hope that I'm getting better. Thanks for all the support guys

Today has been /is tough. The last few days have been tough. I don't want to use my family as an excuse but I feel so worn down by my family that I just want to MO. I know it's a lie, that it won't make me feel better, or that it would hurt my wife to know that I use it as an escape but it's literally all I wanna do right now.

Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Ziggy116

Man i know the feeling... Maybe take a cold shower, take a walk... Do something fun to get your mind off of it... Keep your clothes on... Hang in there you can get through it.

Man i know the feeling... Maybe take a cold shower, take a walk... Do something fun to get your mind off of it... Keep your clothes on... Hang in there you can get through it.
Thanks man. Sorta survived the morning. Gonna get on with my day. Maybe start trying to make space from my phone.

Joel

Sounds tough, mate. The trials of real life - or a 1000% more-than-our-brain-can-handle dopamine drug pleasure spike. It's a tough battle.

A book that's helped me recently is: Being Zen: Bringing Meditation to Life - Ezra Bayda. It's not all: get zen and meditate as the title suggests, but explains how to not want to escape the discomfort in our lives by facing it. Eg physical pain - to just feel the physical pain isn't so bad, but all our resistance and added thoughts add 60% more crap to how we feel. Anger - sit with the physical aspect of your anger - it's not too bad, but all our righteousness and ego added to it makes us nuts (choose happiness!).

Hope this helps. P is never the answer!

I'm in a low. I guess a spiral cycle. I feel bad, want to PMO, leads to feeling worse. It's frustrating but I really just want to keep doing it.

Guys who have had long streaks, fall & get back up... how? I feel so emotionally spent.

But I'm encouraged by all the guys who are in this fight. So, here we go.

Day 0

I'm gonna post every day.

Almost day 1.

Not that I'm here, feeling the urges to look. It's the morning hours when my house is quiet.

So, I'm gonna get up and make breakfast and lunch for the family. Tomorrow I plan to start a new workout routine. And hopefully not have my phone in my hands all day today.

I want to be free from this addiction. It's possible.

Day two

I had a rough night of sleep which usually leads to PMO in the morning but I got up, did a quiet time & prayer, then a workout (which sucked) and have been keeping myself busy.

An added goal is to schedule my phone use. After my workout, after lunch, and after dinner. Then done. I also need to stop taking it in the bathroom with me.

Feeling positive so far. Will report again tomorrow. I really wanna make it a week.

Ziggy116

Day two

I had a rough night of sleep which usually leads to PMO in the morning but I got up, did a quiet time & prayer, then a workout (which sucked) and have been keeping myself busy.

An added goal is to schedule my phone use. After my workout, after lunch, and after dinner. Then done. I also need to stop taking it in the bathroom with me.

Feeling positive so far. Will report again tomorrow. I really wanna make it a week.
Hang in there man... You can do it... Just scream NO!!! when you have urges...I know it's not easy... But lots of proof on here that it can be done...I can't believe I've gone 63 days.