Re-attempt at reboot

Hi all,
I’ve tried getting through this before and struggled. Over the years have had 2-3 streaks of >30 days but then relapse. Junk food also has been an additional vice.

I am going to attempt a reboot on a quest to sustained abstinence from these bad habits.

I recently read the book “dopamine nation” and hope to incorporate healthier activities to replace the dopamine I get from these bad habits. The newer habits will be cold showers and weekly exercise routine and journaling.
Good luck to all.

I understand this will be challenging as I cannot get past a few days. For me this habit is a quick fix to feel good or escape from situational discomfort. However I realize if I saw another person with this habit I would support them but that is not the kind of person I look up to as a role model and I hope to start by changing my habit. Please feel free to share any tips.
Thank you

Fappy

Respected Member
try to go ten days. dont think beyond ten days. if you can do that, go another ten days. rinse and repeat

Day 1-I don’t have the motivation I have had at times but I remember that if I saw a guy who would look at videos to get a quick fix I would lose for that person quickly. It’s hard to respect self when I’m doing the same. 10 days at a time will be the goal.

Day 2-I realize that If I don’t pmo I still want a quick way to feel good after a long work day and usually that has been through ordering dessert or junk food. i will avoid both today.

Day 3-No pmo today. It’s easier today as I’m tired from work and also have no urges. Part of the reason I’d like to stop is to correct PIED

Last edited:
Day 4-no urges, feeling tired similarly to how I do after pmo. No pmo today. Continuing morning cold showers. Avoiding good tasting foods/junk food.

Day 5-no urges. Typically the case unless I watch dirty videos. Will not pmo to get a quick rush of “feeling good.” Time to break this 15 year old habit. It’s definitely tough

Day 6-was busy with fam and friends. Joking around about sexual topics can be a trigger. No libido at this point or urge. Haven’t had morning wood in years. But with any type of dirty videos I can easily get aroused. Will avoid all that. No major benefits noted yet. But need to remember that even if I don’t get any major benefits from this the self respect that’ll I’ll gain from knowing I’m not a person who PMOs will be a major victory for my mind. Will not pmo today. Also took a cold shower which is always refreshing.

It seems easy now to now pmo as part few days have been stress free but I realize I will start to get urges as I pmo both when I’m feeling bad (to ease pain from stress or other discomfort in daily life things) or when I’m bored and feeling good.

Day 7-Urges today noted, I’m trying to avoid looking at breasts right now anything will trigger it. But biggest concern imo is letting mind wander. If my mind goes off on tangent with imagination of sexual thoughts, then I just accept that, forgive my mind and try to return to moment. Definitely a strong urge to pmo today which I anticipate may build up. But need to get the respect for myself back. Also FYI, woke up and took a cold shower definitely something refreshing about it and it’s like a ritual for a fresh day and reminder for me to not pmo.

Day 8-urges and thoughts have gottenstronger. I tell myself I forgive self for these thoughts and time to keep going. It feels like I definitely need a dose of pmo but I understand this is an unhealthy craving for unhealthy habit. I will not pmo. Need to remember that I can’t give in and lose respect for myself by being hooked on a habit this bad.

Day 9-urges less today. Bored and stressed perfect day to pmo but quick omen for pleasure for long term loss of respect for self is not worth it. Also have triggers to order junk food (another craving for dopamine).Will not pmo.

Day 10-Some urges from thoughts of prior scenes. Craving is there. In past say even being tired like this I would pmo to feel good. But now I won’t.

Day 11-Definitely some increases urges and imagination running wild. I let it go on for sometime which is risky. Have to remind myself to forgive self for that and come back to moment. I won’t pmo and mess up this recovery process. This has been a 15 year bad habit can’t push it away in a day but need to go in right direction. Here’s to ongoing progress.

Day 12-Interesting. Today was one of my stressed out days where stress can lower mood. Yet I did not have any bursts of emotions toward others. I had a lot on the plate and chipped away at it. In past days, I may have Pom’s to numb the stress and put it off to end of day. This is just a side benefit possibly from more self control and discipline but my main motivation to get rid of this bad habit is to gain back self respect that is lost from routine pmo. Cheers

Day 13-no urges. tired from long hours of work and have lot of homework for evening. Usually this would be perfect for pmo to get a few minutes of dopamine and feel good and then then low mood follows. But now I’m trying to do better and treat this as a craving. Will not pmo today.

Day 15-minimal urge, tired from work day. Typically in these circumstances I would pmo to get a quick high so to say. It’s almost a habit at times and on autopilot. But now I know better and won’t do it today.

Day 16- definitely had stressors today but also felt good about something. Interestingly even being in a super good can be a trigger that nothing is wrong with this habit and let’s feel even more good and can lead to relapse. But I recognized that and during urges didn’t touch myself there. Time to break these patterns accept and forgive self for those thoughts and go on. This is definitely a tough habit to break