Reboot Nation Vocabulary
- Accountability Partners: Accountability partners are pairs of individuals (online or offline) who hold each other responsible for their sexual habits.
- Chaser Effect: The strong desire to masturbate and/or watch porn, that sometimes hits 1-3 days after sexual acts. Especially powerful early on in a reboot.
- Death Grip: The tight-fisted grip on the penis many men develop by masturbating. Because it is much more constricted than the grip of an actual vagina, the death grip overstimulates the penis, reduces pleasure in the long run, and can make it difficult or impossible to orgasm with a woman.
- DE: Delayed Ejaculation – (Can result in the inability to orgasm during intercourse if severe enough)
- ED: Erectile Dysfunction – The inability to maintain an erection during intercourse.
- Edging: Watching porn or masturbating without orgasm.
- Fapping: The act of masturbation, usually in conjunction with pornography.
- Flatlining: Many Rebooters report one or more periods of zero libido during their streak, especially in the 2-6 week period. Transitioning from an overexcited, always-eager libido to none at all can be disconcerting and even scary for the experienced rebooter, but many rebooters report that it is only a phase in the recovery process and will pass.
- NRB: No Reason Boner – When a man gets an erection for no reason. Common among teenagers who are not desensitized by porn.
- NSFW: Not Safe For Work – This label is affixed to potentially triggering content and should be viewed with caution.
- PA: Performance Anxiety – Sometimes, when a guy is so anxious about sex, he loses his erection. If a guy can get an erection to porn but not his own hand when masturbating, then it is possibly porn-induced and not anxiety. If he cannot get an erection to porn either it may be severe porn-induced ED or something else. When in doubt see a good doctor.
- PE: Premature Ejaculation
- PIED: Porn induced erectile dysfunction - The same as ED (see above) but caused by excessive watching and or orgasming to porn. A result of wiring your brain toward artificial stimuli and damaging the reward circuitry (dopamine receptors) of the brain.
- PIV: Penis in Vagina (sexual intercourse)
- PMO: Porn/Masturbation/Orgasm – Watching porn while masturbating to orgasm. Most guys today think about all three and assume you mean all three when you talk about them individually.
- PVO: Porn/Vibrator/Orgasm
- P-Subs: Porn Substitutes – Any artificial material that isn't necessarily sexual, but is used by a rebooter instead of porn. Examples include searching social media for pictures of people one finds attractive, viewing booty shaking (twerking) videos on YouTube, etc.
- Reboot: Complete rest of artificial sexual stimulation (a time away from porn). Everyone's recovery is different in what it looks like and how long it will take. However, there are many similarities in certain age groups.
- Refractory Period: Time it takes a man to get another erection after ejaculating.
- Relapse: On Reboot Nation this would mean intentionally watching porn during the reboot.
- Wet Dream: Ejaculating in your sleep. The scientific term is nocturnal emission.
- YBOP: YourBrainOnPorn.com
- YBR: YourBrainRebalanced.com. A forum similar to RebootNation.
- YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary – Good words to remember, because no two reboots are exactly alike.
Last edited by a moderator: