A simple technique from Buddha to help you control your urges

Ani7

There is a technique which I am following right now. I think it can be beneficial for you too. It is not a new one..I have read somewhere this technique has originated from a story of Lord Buddha.

The story goes like this

Buddha, who was known as prince Siddhartha in Sakya Kingdom once organised a great feast. Men, Women and girls from different kingdoms were invited. Different types of enjoyments were there ranging from music, food wine and so on. Whole night they danced and enjoyed.

When the next morning Siddhartha gets up and look around he finds to his surprise that all the women and girls who were looking like angles the other night are sleeping there senselessly. Some are sleeping on their own vomit. Their makeup was gone. There are dark circles and wrinkles on their face and they look so bad that no one in the right mind would like to look at their faces.

From this Buddha realized that everyone will age in the course of time and the lust of skin and body is useless.

From this story I have found a technique. Whenever I come across a girl who is very beautiful and I feel sexual urges inside me, instantly I started imaging what would she look like without the makeup. She too have smelling armpits, maybe she dont take bath for days and use the same undergarment again and again. She is a human being like me afterall, the issues I have, the things I try to hide through bodyspay and all she does the same. She is not an angle.

This simple thought helps me break away from the urges. You can try this too.

Also, let me know what other techniques do you follow.