Rock Bottom...

SLT1978

27/01/2022 - Day 29
So day 29 was fine but the evening was a bit more tricky. My wife went to bed early and I stayed up to watch a bit of TV. The voices started creeping in as the evening went on, telling me it would be ok, I'd done four weeks, I deserved a reward. I managed to ignore them and watch TV but it just goes to show that how ever easy it seems, those neural pathways are still strong and it wouldn't take much to slip back...

guitar1968

27/01/2022 - Day 29
So day 29 was fine but the evening was a bit more tricky. My wife went to bed early and I stayed up to watch a bit of TV. The voices started creeping in as the evening went on, telling me it would be ok, I'd done four weeks, I deserved a reward. I managed to ignore them and watch TV but it just goes to show that how ever easy it seems, those neural pathways are still strong and it wouldn't take much to slip back...
Yep, those voices never really stop. They quiet down. They even take a little vacation. But they do like to come back when you least expect them. Good job ignoring them.

Escapeandnevercomeback

Respected Member
27/01/2022 - Day 29
Good job in ignoring the voices. It's the key.

SLT1978

28th, 29th, 30th Jan 2022 - Days 30, 31 and 32...
I now feel like I have entered a second phase in this journey. I've managed to do a month which I thought would have been impossible six weeks ago. I'm on to the next step of trying to keep on top of this whilst also being aware of that voice tempting me. It's been a good weekend, spending time with family and feeling a whole lot happier than I have done for a long long time. It feels as though I have a new found confidence that has been missing. Still taking it one day at a time...
Thinking of everybody else going through this at the same time as me...let's stay strong...

Tryinghere

01/02/2022 Day 34
I’m still going. Meetings whilst working from home. I can’t believe I’m this far in without any episodes of acting out. I’ve seen others posts in the past and have only wished that I’d be able to get this far and here I am. Am going to keep going…
Great work man. Isn’t crazy how once you get in a roll you realize it’s really not so bad?

SLT1978

02 - 07/02/22 - Days 35 - 40
Sorry I've not been updating for the last few days. We've all been ill here so that's taken priority. I'm now back and have managed to keep going over the last six days. It's all been good and can't believe I've completed five and a half weeks of this. Lets bring on the six week anniversary on Wednesday and keep going forwards.
Hope everyone else reading this is doing ok.

SLT1978

08/02/2022 - Day 41
Here I am again. All good. Working hard in my job and to not give into the temptations. The voice in my head is quiet at the moment but am aware it doesn't take much to rear it's head again.

SLT1978

09/02/2022 - Day 42 - Six Weeks
Feeling so pleased that I've made it to six weeks. I'd like to say it's been easy but it hasn't. There have been times when the internal voice has tried to make me stray from the path that I'm on but I'm feeling a lot stronger and more importantly, much happier than I have felt for a long time. I'm staying on this path for the duration

SLT1978

11th to 15th Feb 2022 - Days 44 to 48
Another five days added to the total. Have had a good few days both at home and at work. Spending some time with the children, spending time with my wife, getting on with work. It's all going well. Can't believe its been nearly 7 weeks.

SLT1978

21st February to 13th March 2022 - Days 54 to 74
Its been a while since I last posted online. It's been a busy three weeks and I'm pleased to say that I'm still on the straight and narrow and haven't fallen off the wagon. I'm busy with work and with family stuff and it's all good. I'm not saying it's perfect and there are times when it is difficult but it's not the first port of call when I'm feeling weak. Plus if life is difficult, it's not the first thing I turn to and I'm not looking for an escape route from life.

Hope everyone else following this thread is good.