The New Year Starts Now!

Pra

Yes, although technically it's 10th January, as far as I'm concerned the New Year starts now! Join me if you like.

Let's forgive ourselves for past mistakes and celebrate this wonderful new occasion, the Real New Year!

Escapeandnevercomeback

Respected Member
Yes, although technically it's 10th January, as far as I'm concerned the New Year starts now! Join me if you like.

Let's forgive ourselves for past mistakes and celebrate this wonderful new occasion, the Real New Year!
I'm in, of course. I started on January 1st. I have 15 days without O and 10 days without P and M (edging).

I think that a very important thing you said is forgive ourselves for past mistakes.

Personally, I find it very difficult to do so. I keep thinking of all the mistakes of the past and what I have most due to the whole situation. Even though I am aware that the past cannot change.

Reactions: Pra

Pra

Yesterday I typed:

I think that a very important thing you said is forgive ourselves for past mistakes.

Personally, I find it very difficult to do so. I keep thinking of all the mistakes of the past and what I have most due to the whole situation. Even though I am aware that the past cannot change.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes, the past cannot change. I guess we can change our opinions of the past. For example, we can consider that, if we had known that watching P can lead to PIED, amongst other highly undesirable symptoms, would we have continued watching? Why does P even exist really, especially all the free online P out there which can so easily be viewed by children? It's not just our problem, it's society's problem in my opinion. But anyway, moving on with this Real New Year which has just begun!

Unfortunately my sleep quality wasn't great at all last night. It would have been better if I hadn't reset yesterday, I bet.. On the bright side, today I made progress on something that has been causing me anxiety. I also had some pleasant interactions with people today, mostly strangers. So although I'm a bit sleep-deprived, I'm feeling pretty good.

For me it's not just about avoiding P, but also about avoiding online chat (such as "adult" chat rooms), and P-subs (especially deliberately seeking out P-subs, such as images of fully clothed women). So I need to avoid that unholy trinity! If I indulge in one, I get cravings for the other two, as well as cravings for M of course.

Today I'm typing:

Yeah I had some technical trouble yesterday but fortunately the message got saved. Well I slept much better yesterday and generally today was pretty good, although I felt some anger at times. Managed to keep it to myself mostly, apart from uttering some random things out loud, but directed at no one in particular. Angry at some past nonsense basically, but hey, it's the Real New Year! lol

My tip for today is be careful what you read, even on these kinds of forums! People can say some triggering some stuff. But if you walk away and distract yourself with better things, you'll be fine.

Pra

Been a while since I've updated. Still clean. I've been using the Quitzilla app, which is a nice way of counting days and giving you a bit of motivation to reach the next milestone. And no, I'm not being paid to advertise it lol. I'm using the free version, I think there's a subscription version too.

I'll ramble about a couple of things on my mind. I seem to be getting a bit of hair loss. My hairline is receding slowly at the front, which I'm pretty okay with. I've always had that type of hairline anyway. In recent times I've noticed some thinning at the front too, especially on one side. It's often totally unnoticeable (in my opinion) and other times fairly noticeable. It might look better if the thinning bits fall out fully and it just leaves the receding hairline. Not the end of the world if I have to shave it all off someday, I did that once for charity and it looked okay. Anyway I've probably said enough about that lol.

Next, I'm in okay shape and I'm fairly fit thanks to doing a lot of walking and some physical work. However, I may qualify as "skinny fat", although I'm not sure about that term as it may encourage low self-esteem and all that. How about working out, you may ask? I'd love to! Unfortunately these days it seems I have to be very careful what I do or I get pretty bad aches and pains. It puts me off working out at all. Maybe I should work out but only do things which are extremely unlikely to cause pain. As for where the fat's coming from, the main issue is probably certain things that I eat and drink, even though on the whole my diet is good. But I think it'll be very hard to just quit those things without replacing them with anything else. Has anyone tried CBD oil? I'm considering that.

Something else is stressing me out a bit but I won't go into too much detail. It would be nice to get more of a handle on that.

Anyway, see you next time.

logicprox

Aches and pains tend to become worse through inactivity as modern life creates muscular imbalances and lead to an overall loss of muscle mass that should be supporting your body. I think you're going to see those get better if you make exercise a regular habit. You don't have (and should't) go hard immediately. But introduce a little bit and gradually work up. Focus more on just movements that go through the full range of motion than on how difficult the exercises are or how much weight you are moving. Aches and pains will likely go away over time.

Pra

What you're saying probably applies to a lot of people, but in my case I think my aches and pains come from a combination of old sporting injuries, repetitive strain injuries from physical work, and perhaps an inherited tendency to get these pains (possibly just from being overly sensitive to pain and other things).

I'll probably go to a physio at some point as the problem isn't resolving itself. Maybe some very specific exercises could help but I can't just do a typical regime unfortunately.

logicprox

I should have made that statement less of a blanket statement, there are exceptions. i tend to think they are rare but I will obviously defer to a medical professional lol.

Pra

Injuries from inactivity, injuries from sport / exercise / messing around, repetitive strain injuries.. all these things are conmon, either alone or in combination. But thanks for your input!

So today I've been fine in terms of aches and pains.. but got pretty stressed about something, and indeed fairly depressed at times. Ah well, not my first rodeo lol.

Good look on the Quitzilla app drop. I was looking for something like this so I don't have to consciously keep track of the days. Hope your reboot is still going strong.

Pra

Good look on the Quitzilla app drop. I was looking for something like this so I don't have to consciously keep track of the days. Hope your reboot is still going strong.

Thanks, yeah Quitzilla is a handy way to do it.

My reboot is going fairly well. A 22-day streak ended the other day but I'm back on track. I'm pushing forward on something in my life which stresses me out, that probably explains the last reset to an extent.

Ay keep fighting. At least you can recognize what caused that last reset so you know how to not let it effect you next time. I do believe all progress is good even if we have to reset. The big thing is to get back on track which is what you're doing.