To always start again

viking1234

Feel really bummed.
I try, I try, I try but this thing seems bigger than me... (slipped again moments ago).
Phone is tucked away but that is not a problem in the end.
Re-reading easypeasy helps, and at times it feels like the monster is slowly dying. But then the moment arrives when I know for a fact it's going to make me feel unhappy but I still go ahead and do it. Started meditating every day this week.

Hope for better days!
VIking

viking1234

Hi.
Long time no see...
Was about 10 days until today. Started doing SPAA meetings, once a week at least, more if I can.
Feeling a bit better about everything, but man, this is harder than I thought. Today I knew 100% that I didn't want to go to my addiction but I still did. I now know I cannot do this on my own. Hope to reach cruising altitude soon :)
Best
Viking

Androg

Administrator
Admin
Hi.
Long time no see...
Was about 10 days until today. Started doing SPAA meetings, once a week at least, more if I can.
Feeling a bit better about everything, but man, this is harder than I thought. Today I knew 100% that I didn't want to go to my addiction but I still did. I now know I cannot do this on my own. Hope to reach cruising altitude soon :)
Best
Viking
Glad you are finding the meetings worthwhile. Hope you see progress soon.

viking1234

No good news today - slipped again after 4 days. Feeling pretty down. Trying to completely accept my addict condition, to ask my higher power for help, but man it's difficult...
Hoping for a change
Viking

Androg

Administrator
Admin
No good news today - slipped again after 4 days. Feeling pretty down. Trying to completely accept my addict condition, to ask my higher power for help, but man it's difficult...
Hoping for a change
Viking
You may need more structured support at first.

viking1234

You may need more structured support at first.
What do you mean by structured support?

I slipped again today after 7 days. Was very busy with work travel through the weekend and then today I felt a bit sick and super stressed... that didn't help at all.

Androg

Administrator
Admin
What do you mean by structured support?

I slipped again today after 7 days. Was very busy with work travel through the weekend and then today I felt a bit sick and super stressed... that didn't help at all.
Some kind of structured addiction program, such as a 12 step program or other similar concept. Daily check-ins and a sponsor can sometimes help you get traction.