New thread, new rules

Pra

Yeah I had a chat reset today at Day Seven. Not doing terrible lately but I still tend to have a reset after 1-3 weeks. Usually chat and/or P-subs rather than P.

I'm not into being negative about resets or "constructive" criticism that isn't very constructive or whatever.

Anger was probably a big part of today's reset. Anger is useful for protecting us but I guess the addiction can hijack that anger for its own purposes sometimes.

So yeah, screw it, here's another thread.

Pra

Hey Pra, sorry about the slip. What are the new rules to get you through?

I had a few rules in mind when I started this thread. But today I woke up and realised something about my identity. This better, more positive identity (no matter what happens) makes those rules kind of unnecessary. But I need to keep reminding myself of this identity for the time being.

What is this identity? That would take a bit of explaining. I might explain at some point.

I'm not saying I'm cured or anything, but this seems like a good foundation to build on.

Pra

Okay I messed up today, mainly with chat.

This time, I've decided that if I go to a chat room again, I have to buy something stupid! Like a crap children's toy or something. I can ill afford to waste money like that.

Anyway, haven't got time right now so more soon.

Pra

Seems like I forgot about the "more soon" lol.

Anyway, unfortunately I reset today. And with chat. So I'll have to waste a bit of money I guess..

On the bright side it was my best streak for a while. About 22 days I think. The past few days my libido was very high, and I wasn't having any wet dreams. Again that old question, should I allow some occasional "healthy" MO? I probably should if my libido gets that high again, even though I guess these things do eventually resolve themselves.

BridgeTri

Sorry about the slip, Pra.

I don't think MO is unhealthy, but I think that for P addicts it's a slippery slope and for my own part it has always led to real slips - P subs, PMO etc. Another thing is, that I really like myself when my libido is high. I get a lot of positive responce from my peers - both nonsexual and some showing a bit of attraction. For me the road to success is to stay deprived to keep hunting.

All the best!

Pra

Sorry about the slip, Pra.

I don't think MO is unhealthy, but I think that for P addicts it's a slippery slope and for my own part it has always led to real slips - P subs, PMO etc. Another thing is, that I really like myself when my libido is high. I get a lot of positive responce from my peers - both nonsexual and some showing a bit of attraction. For me the road to success is to stay deprived to keep hunting.

All the best!

Thanks. That's true about the chaser effect. I was enjoying the high libido in some ways, but it was also making it hard to concentrate on things that needed to be done!

I basically always do just keep going without any kind of MO for as long as I can. When I'm on a streak it seems like a waste to have an MO. But after a chat reset, for example, I tend to wonder if a simpler MO would have been better. Hard to know. P-sub resets aren't great either but at least they're quicker.

Let's see how things go now.