Accountability (update 09.07.22)

tl23

Hey brother. I know it can feel like you're talking into the void at times, but if your journaling is helping you right now, that's really all that matters. On a side note, it likely helps others too, even if they don't reply. I know I come read other RN journals when I am seeking inspiration, understanding, or strength, though I may not always reply.

I must say, you put down a great streak, and though you've reset, it sounds like you gained some real knowledge of yourself in the process. That is huge. Like you said, it's not a failure. The only way to fail is to give up entirely. Just because you took a step back, doesn't mean all progress is lost. Hopefully you've simply gained more understanding of yourself to make it farther the next go around. It sounds like you've got a great attitude about getting back to it. Hoping for the best for you, dude.
Hey this was a really good reminder and I really appreciate it. Your comment reminded me that the biggest benefit of this journal is a safe place for me to journal my thoughts. If it helps anyone else or if anyone responds, that’s icing on the cake.

Your thoughts about learning something new really resonated, too.

Thanks again.

tl23

Day 5: Doing well and working on letting go of the guilt I felt. It doesn’t help so I’m releasing it.

Reminding myself that recovery isn’t always linear. Feeling proud that I didn’t let my past slip escalate further. Feeling ready to take it one day at a time.