Learning to treat myself well

Shodan

Yes amazing stuff brother! Keep it up but let’s us BOTH remember, P is a sneaky fucker and it will creep up on you in your moments of self-doubt. Rest assured brother that time of temptation will come - but it will go too. It happened to me late last year, I thought I was doing ok riding the high-road but it crept up on me in the middle of the night when I woke and it turned into a 6 day and night battle with my brain. That was harder than hard but the iron-resolve I’ve gained through nofap is what got me through it. We literally gain the strength of the temptation we resist! Stay strong brother - ALL THE BEST!

anubu0

Congrats ADF! Day 17 is huge. Normally when I've gotten to around 3 weeks, I experience a flatline as well. I feel really unmotivated and sexually limp and dead. During this time it's so so so important to just take it a day at a time and to not let your guard down. Keep going you got this!

anubu0

Good stuff man! Socializing and partying but not letting it affect your mental and physical health is such a hard balance to achieve but seems like you're getting the hang of it!

anubu0

I think it's better for me to stay single for the next two years. Then I will be in another phase of Uni which is not so demanding as the one I am in right now. I want to focus on myself, my studies and my physique.

Hey again! Glad to see you trucking through this reboot. I would just advise you to keep an open mind about this; I know that work and school can be extremely demanding and self improvement is critical if one wants to live a happy and successful life. That being said, in terms of recovery, it's also really important to be open to new relationships, platonic or non-platonic, to rewire the part of your brain that's been isolated as a result of p use.

tay97

Well done! And your journal is awesome to read. Love the positivity and the way you approach girls. You are definitly on the right track!

About that YouTube spiral. I have been there, too. There is this browser extension called "Unhook". Basically, it blocks all video suggestions. Truely a game changer. After installing, I never fell into that pit again.
We have to analyse this software. YouTube is designed to hook you for a long time. They want your attention. We use it like there is an end to it like a series or a movie. You can't finish YouTube. There will always be interesting videos. We have to be careful about the things we consume!

tay97

Hm. Today I spiraled.
Well. I was watching YT a lot in the evening. Found a triggering video - was looking slightly longer than I should have.
I actually managed to go to sleep without doing anything - an hour later my roommate was really loud, so I woke up - and then I watched YT again and searched for the triggering video. I also went very shortly on a P* side. I did not like what I saw there. Then I turned it off. But was horny and MOed later on. So this was clearly a relapse.

Therefore I will reset my streak - but I absolutely have made progress in the last month. I also don't feel that shitty right now, I know, that this addiction is a thing of the past - really I am a non-user, I kicked it. I dont care about this small setback.

Another thing I did wrong: I tried coffee in the morning, in order to hype me up for studying. That was not good.

What do I take from here?
- I will set a YT and PMO streak - maybe I will even combine both. Because it's the same mechanism in the brain. And I think the real solution is to get of these hyper dopaminergic stimuli all together, this seems to be also much easier for me.
- The easypeasy method works for me - I didn't follow the instructions and peeked, so it's absolutely on me.
- Caffeine is a B*tch to me!
What is the easypeasy method?

Androg

Administrator
Admin
Taking anatomy again will really cement the knowledge in your mind, and you'll use it throughout your career. In the end you may be glad you took it twice.Good luck with your fresh start!

Androg

Administrator
Admin
Do you think you might benefit from an in-person support group with daily meetings and a sponsor…just to get you launched?

It’s great that you’re getting closer to your brother.