Could This Be The Answer To My Problem?

ananoman

I started a journal with this title on the Your Brain Rebalanced Forum back in 2012 and was posting fairly regularly up until a few years ago. I've decided to restart and will be trying to resume journaling more regularly. My original journal can be found here.....

ananoman

I went down this path of rebooting because I was looking for the reason and cure for my perpetual tiredness, and the good news is that I am generally better than I was a decade ago.

Some things that I learned....

1- Yes! PMO definitely contributes to brain fog and lethargy. My journal reflects a constant yo-yoing between long streaks of abstaining from PMO, and cycles where I am in a rut, failing, and struggling to climb out of it. I can also look back and see that energy and mood wise, I do trend better when I am steering clear of the PMO, PM, or even just P or P subs

2- Frequent sex with the wife puts me in a brain fog. Nowadays this has become a non issue because she is now 59 and I am 58. Her sex drive has diminished ALOT and mine some as well.

3- My diet has ALOT to do with it. It took me a long while, but I finally made the connection that sugars/carbs will effect my sleep quality, and put me in a brain fog. While I am a pretty healthy guy (I exercise regularly, eat fairly healthy, am not overweight), I have always had a blood glucose that ran a bit high (mid to upper 90's), and in 2020 my first ever hemoglobin A1C test confirmed that I am a borderline diabetic. So I have to be careful about sugars.

4- My sleep is critical. Over the years I've gradually adopted better sleep hygiene and it has helped- I wear a mask, earplugs, keep the room cool, and go through an unwinding phase before going to bed to help shut down my brain. Also I am retired now so I can wake up naturally in the mornings rather than force myself to get up on a schedule- this makes a huge difference.

5- eliminating stress from my life helped- Like I already mentioned, I retired over 4 years ago. I always thought that I handled stress pretty well, but as soon as I retired, I began to notice how much more relaxed and chill I was, and over time, how much better I felt in general. I've come to realize that even though I was able to manage stress well for all those years, the stress did have an effect on my physical well being and sleep quality.

6- Supplements have made a difference. Over the years as I've slowly been educating myself on vitamins and supplements that helps with sleep, and energy, I've built up a regimen where I now take a bunch of things in the morning. Vitamin D3 (I'm deficient), K, Magnesium, B6, B12, Fo-Ti, and Metamucil- have all helped to improve my energy levels, quality of sleep, and sense of well being.

7- Testosterone Replacement Therapy didn't work. I tried it for around 4 years. Yes it did make me more energized, but I always felt like it was an energized layer on a bedrock of tiredness- something didn't feel right. I did enjoy the physical benefits of a better physic and an increased libido, but my sleep became horrible- I would wake up in the middle of the night and be unable to go back to sleep. In the end the poor sleep wiped out any of the other positives so I decided to stop.

8- It turns out I never had BPH. I really fault my urologist for this one because his misdiagnosis put my on a path where I wasted a bunch of years before finally getting a handle on what the problem really is(pelvic floor disfunction). I am only now stepping up efforts to work towards getting this issue resolved.

So the past 10 years have been filled with a lot of ups and downs, struggles, victories, and defeats, but in general I am in a better place now than I was 10 years ago.