Taking the High Road

sho0fl

Day 13 or 59 since I started

Boring all day, studying, run a couple of errands. Decided to skip gym and sleep it through, was a good idea, body needed some rest.

Will be reading mythology.

Dreams are also still going. No urges to watch P neither to MO, flatline is probably in the midst here, or how I'd like to call it - apathy due to low dopamine.

At least my mind is in the clear of what needs to happen. It's also helping me focus on other aspects that I've improved a lot for the almost past 2 months.

Cheers

sho0fl

Day 14 or 60 since I started

Same as yesterday I guess. I've studied a bit, boredom is everywhere. Spent almost 2 hrs at the gym.

Will be reading, cheers

sho0fl

Thanks ❤️,

I guess counting days is good, but what I think really counts is that I have no urges to watch P whatsoever. And my mind is seeing things clearer now.

I've set my goals and I'm working on them daily. I can introspect and reminisce on my P addiction so far as as much as I want, but I think I find that useless now. It's important to move forward, and this realization is the biggest win so far.

worth_it

Keep it up @sho0fl, you're doing great. The flatline is a killer but is also more evidence that your brain is changing.

Awesome that you're not experiencing any urges at all, super motivating to see your progress.

sho0fl

Day 17 or 63 since I started

I've been missing for a couple of days, was socializing on an little expedition with a couple of friends. Felt really good for my mood and helped me realize I need more people company than computer company. No urges or anything.

Today I've came back and did my normal routine Gym -> Shopping -> chill now. Will be reading, was really nice that I could tell some of the mythology stories on the expedition, I think I really got a lot of people (girls) attention :)

All is good guys, cheers!

sho0fl

Also wanted to add that it's been over a month since I came to this forum. It has been of great help, you guys have been of great help - the people that I've interacted with here.
I want to thank you all for this, much ❤️

sho0fl

Day 18 or 64 since I started

Boring day, no gym. Studying, went on a hike, came back, shower.

Apathy, or flatline continues. Morning woods are still present but weak.

Will be reading mythology and awaiting tomorrow's gym. Meh...

sho0fl

I'm reading the book The Greek Myths by Robert Graves and Googling / Wikipedia / YouTube the event. Then I'm taking notes on anything I find interesting.

My understanding for the mythology is that it represents humankind. In Greek mythology almost each event and each God / Entity represents something that relates to Hellenistic Greece.

The thing is that you can relate a lot of nowadays events to mythology, not only Greek.

For example, there are a lot of love stories in mythology. There are specific love stories that have bad endings and happy ones. If you can tell the stories in a fun, entertaining and engaging way, you can get a person's attention.

Another example is, let's say you're talking with someone. That someone says: "Hey, I've did this and this yesterday" and has doubts or wants to disclose this to you, so that they feel better by bringing their thoughts and emotions into the world via words. You can turn the "this and this" into a story that a God did, spice it a little bit with nowadays slang, make a joke or two, and you're more likeable, also might come out as smart or whatever.

This is just a small tool for socializing, but it works. Also - stories are pretty interesting :D

And yes... it works when picking up girls as well. This is perhaps 50% of my motivation for knowing mythology, not going to lie :)

Blondie

Respected Member
That sounds fascinating, I should read up on those myself. I've always like the few stories I've know over the years, usually through movies and such. What's so great about these stories is how applicable they still are for us living today - the heroes journey for example besides others.
And yes... it works when picking up girls as well. This is perhaps 50% of my motivation for knowing mythology, not going to lie :)
No harm in that! ;)

Keep killing it man.

sho0fl

The book is really good, it explains a lot of stuff and is structured in a nice and concise way. Also, Google/YouTube/Wiki on the side might help as some myths have different interpretations and there are some with multiple versions.

We were talking in the villa and we also got some neighbours. Some of the girls were shouting to be heard and I approached one of them and told her to lower her voice, doesn't she know what happened to king Anchises? When asked what I was in a position to exercise my storytelling. The story is that Zeus, although not related to Aphrodite, never actually laid with her. He was jealous, however, and decided to punish Aphrodite by making her fall in love with a mortal. This mortal was the king Anchises, he was handsome, and I asked the girl to describe a handsome person to me. She goes with some explanation, and then I describe him as pretty much me (color of clothes, etc), we both laughed it off once she picked up on it. The story then goes that Aphrodite descends down and disguises her as a priestess. I then ask her to describe an attractive woman, she says something, then I describe the priestess as her, we laugh it off. To finish the story then, Aphrodite lays with the king under her disguise. At the end she reveals herself to be the goddess. The king, knowing that all mortal affairs that involve gods always end up bad for the mortals (and I add a little, as with any charming girl), is now shocked. Aphrodite, under the curse of Zeus, calms the king and makes him go on with it. After some time, the king is sitting in a war room after a successful battle and talks with his most trusted generals. One of the generals asks the king - "Would you not rather lay with Aphrodite herself, rather than the daughter of the king that was on the opposite, losing, side?". The king says "Having slept with both, I would rather say NOT". Zeus and Aphrodite hear this, Zeus enraged sends a thunder for the king, however, Aphrodite, still in love with the king, takes the hit instead. The result is that the king is safe, Aphrodite loses her love for him as the thunder wears the curse off, and the child that was born as a result of their actions is dead. Do you see now, that you should not boast and speak in a loud tone, you might get a thunder on your head. After the story we chatted some more and I got her phone. I won't do anything as I want this reboot to actually reboot me, but being social and exercising my storytelling is something I value a lot since the last week or so

sho0fl

Day 19 or 65 since I started

Gym (hurray!), shopping, reading mythology. Hike with a friend, back home.

Will be reading and going to bed.

All the rest is still ongoing, flatline or apathy, boredom, weak morning wood. Yeah.

Cheers guys :)

sho0fl

Day 20 or 66 since I started

Gym -> Work -> Socializing with people, getting more into storytelling and we talked in a lot of different topics with the colleagues.

Other stuff is still as it was the previous days.

sho0fl

Day 21 or 67 since I started

Pretty much the same as yesterday. I'll update my journal less frequently as I don't see much use in doing it daily while being massively bored and things are pretty much the same, most-likely once per week or when there's a noteworthy event.

Cheers guys.

sho0fl

Day 22 or 68 since I started

Updating out of boredom, nothing much is going on differently than the last days.

Waiting to hit the gym tomorrow so I get to feel slightly better.

sho0fl

Day 25 or 71 since I started

Being pretty boring these days, I guess it's the dopamine low. Gym takes my mind off and I'm definitely seeing progress.

But, it's kind of whatever. I'm not sure if I'm depressed or anything, it's just like meh whatever on everything. Maybe it's progress.

So booooring, I was going to study but I also find that terribly boring, instead might just watch some movies, found a nice series that do not involve nudity or any other 'danger' material so I might just watch it and try to feel better.

Other than that it's going pretty good, work, socializing with friends. I just got to get out of this boredom.

It's not going to be P :)

downhillfromhere

Yeah, that boredom will get to you, it’s why it’s so important to find things to do. To make it worse, the way P has overloaded our systems everything seems more boring than it really it. Power through and you will see things like they truly are!

25 days is great! It’s quite an achievement especially if you started only 71 days ago.