Getting my life back

guitar1968

Day 78 over…
You are doing fantastic. I hope it's going well for you. My toughest time was around where you are. Not sure why, but when I hit 100 days everything got so much easier. I think we all have different times for that kind of thing, but man you are on a fantastic streak!

Freddy

You are doing fantastic. I hope it's going well for you. My toughest time was around where you are. Not sure why, but when I hit 100 days everything got so much easier. I think we all have different times for that kind of thing, but man you are on a fantastic streak!
Thanks!
No tough times at the moment here.
Day 81 today. Easy to get an erection in the morning. Perhaps the brain is clear then in some way before it gets pollutes during the day?

Freddy

Day 84 I suppose since today is Sunday... Everything ok here, no urges and MW again. Divorce process feels very sad at the moment as the family will be split up. Things were bad, but nevertheless is it s a mindbreaking feeling taking the concrete steps.

Freddy

Today its Thursday, so day 95. No big changes, went bicycling yesterday, to the gym this morning. Slowly building up my life again from different corners by doing things which make me happier...

unchained

Congratulations on 95. I just read your entire journal and you have me feeling motivated!

I am sorry about your family situation, it is always sad when a marriage does not survive...especially when kids are involved. However, your attitude is impressive. Most guys would be focused on blaming others. Doing so would make you a victim...not exactly a good mindset to take control of your own life. Your acceptance that you have some responsibility in the situation empowers you to control the one thing you can...making you the best version of you possible.

Hang in there. I wish you and your children the best. Thank you for your inspiration.

Freddy

Congratulations on 95. I just read your entire journal and you have me feeling motivated!

I am sorry about your family situation, it is always sad when a marriage does not survive...especially when kids are involved. However, your attitude is impressive. Most guys would be focused on blaming others. Doing so would make you a victim...not exactly a good mindset to take control of your own life. Your acceptance that you have some responsibility in the situation empowers you to control the one thing you can...making you the best version of you possible.

Hang in there. I wish you and your children the best. Thank you for your inspiration.

Thanks for the support. Indeed, there are definitively things I could have done differently and it is always good to approach the mirror in the aftermath of crisis. That said, even more important is to think what can be done differently in the future. I have started to go to therapy and am reflecting over my need for external validation as well as my own values and needs. How do I know which my values are, if I do, how do I put them in focus in my own life? How do I stop the behavioural patterns related to external validation and become happy with myself? To start with I have decided to rebound to my earlier life habbits related to sports and outdoors.