Brain Chemicals During Recovery Question

Sammyjo

I recall skimming through a few different posts talking about brain chemicals during recovery. I can't recall who it was, but they seemed to have a pretty thorough knowledge of it. Husband hasn't looked a P or subs since April. Sometimes his "junk" works (sometimes as quick a 2x in 2 hours), and then a couple days later doesn't work. Hoping for some better insights on the recovery brain chemical scenarios.

Other info I think is pertinent is that historically he has been an emotional stone but the last month or so has been really opening up to me about a lot of deep stuff (sharing is pretty difficult for him). Additionally there is this heart pounding/ high blood pressure issue (is planning to go to a doctor about this), we need to some better tracking on this because last night when he couldn't get it up we checked his BP and it was pretty high, later he was able to get it up and finish and his BP had come way down.

He's thinking the heart/BP is causing the ED, I'm thinking it's brain chemicals readjusting causing the ED and the ED is causing stress induced heart/BP issues.

Either way, needs to go to a doc, I just want to make sure the Doc is well informed about the P recovery stuff to make an informed diagnosis.

Trying to help him figure this out.

eromenos

I found these podcasts (they are both podcasts and YouTube videos) from Huberman Lab to be really informative on this:

for the second one, I hope you like your science - but its really awesome…