My trial again

in_search

addiction is an escape. it is a constant reminder of our lack of courage to face the pain. The only way out is to show courage. and ask why we escape? why do we do what we do, even when it hurts us? not the surface why, but the real why. Counter 21

in_search

I can see the same symptom and feelings as I did the last time of my long reboot. It is hard. But I keep repeating the question. Counter 22

I have a question for you. How are you doing with emotion management? I have discovered that my feelings, and my inability to comprehend them or let others in to help manage them, were a major contributing factor to my use of PMO.

It's important to accept and acknowledge your feelings, as they are a natural and normal part of being human. When we try to ignore or suppress our feelings, they can often become more intense or cause us discomfort. By accepting our feelings, we can better understand and cope with them.

Remember, it's okay to have feelings, and it's important to accept them as a normal part of life.

in_search

I have a question for you. How are you doing with emotion management? I have discovered that my feelings, and my inability to comprehend them or let others in to help manage them, were a major contributing factor to my use of PMO.

It's important to accept and acknowledge your feelings, as they are a natural and normal part of being human. When we try to ignore or suppress our feelings, they can often become more intense or cause us discomfort. By accepting our feelings, we can better understand and cope with them.

Remember, it's okay to have feelings, and it's important to accept them as a normal part of life.
Thanks for your message. how would you describe acknowledging one's feeling? how do you accept one's feeling? I think I know some of it, but I would like to hear what you think about it.

Thanks for your message. how would you describe acknowledging one's feeling? how do you accept one's feeling? I think I know some of it, but I would like to hear what you think about it.
Acknowledge your feelings means to recognize and accept your emotions as they are, rather than trying to suppress or ignore them. It's an important step in managing your emotions and can help you better understand yourself and your reactions to different situations. Here are some steps you can follow to acknowledge your feelings:

• Identify the feeling: Take a moment to reflect on what you're feeling. Try to identify the emotion as specifically as possible. Are you feeling sad, angry, anxious, happy, or something else?

• Accept the feeling: Once you've identified the emotion, accept that it's a normal and valid feeling to have. It's okay to feel a range of emotions, and acknowledging them doesn't mean you have to act on them.

• Reflect on the feeling: Think about what might have caused the emotion. Is it something that happened recently, or is it tied to a past experience? Understanding the root cause of your emotions can help you better understand and manage them.

• Express the feeling: If you feel comfortable doing so, try talking about your emotions with someone you trust. This can help you process and make sense of your feelings. Alternatively, you can write about your emotions in a journal or create art to express them.

Remember that acknowledging your feelings is a process, and it may take some time to get comfortable with it. It's important to be patient with yourself and practice self-compassion as you work through your emotions.

Use this Gottman wheel to identify feelings.

in_search

Acknowledge your feelings means to recognize and accept your emotions as they are, rather than trying to suppress or ignore them. It's an important step in managing your emotions and can help you better understand yourself and your reactions to different situations. Here are some steps you can follow to acknowledge your feelings:

• Identify the feeling: Take a moment to reflect on what you're feeling. Try to identify the emotion as specifically as possible. Are you feeling sad, angry, anxious, happy, or something else?

• Accept the feeling: Once you've identified the emotion, accept that it's a normal and valid feeling to have. It's okay to feel a range of emotions, and acknowledging them doesn't mean you have to act on them.

• Reflect on the feeling: Think about what might have caused the emotion. Is it something that happened recently, or is it tied to a past experience? Understanding the root cause of your emotions can help you better understand and manage them.

• Express the feeling: If you feel comfortable doing so, try talking about your emotions with someone you trust. This can help you process and make sense of your feelings. Alternatively, you can write about your emotions in a journal or create art to express them.

Remember that acknowledging your feelings is a process, and it may take some time to get comfortable with it. It's important to be patient with yourself and practice self-compassion as you work through your emotions.

Use this Gottman wheel to identify feelings.
That was very helpful. thanks.

in_search

we are caught in a habit, the habit we developed to seek love and acceptance, the same habit that makes us more lonely. The hypnotism is real. Counter 26

TakeActionNow

Respected Member
Good going @in_search !
the first 30 days are usually the toughest. Try now to focus on life improvement instead of cravings. The best way to feel good is to recognize and record all your daily achievements.

You're doing great!

in_search

When you open up and share, when you don't have to hide, there is so much less work the mind has to do to keep the defenses up. It is so freeing to share your struggles with your loved ones: Counter 39