Need help

mrsturtle

There comes a time during the healing of the marriage or partnership when the addict must put the SO first. Because all during the PMO, we were put dead last. He must acknowledge your pain. He has to know and feel what his turning away from you felt like FOR YOU. He must carry the burden of your pain.The only way through this nightmare is brutal honesty.
Is he still actively using? I was unclear in your original post.
Only you can decide if your relationship is worth it. It’s a very long road to recovery and your recovery is in my opinion more important than his. You did not cause this, you are a victim. (Although I also believe the addicts are victims, a thought that helps me have a sense of compassion for my husband) IMHO until your husband faces the damage HIS addiction has caused to your relationship, there’s no hope of coming to a healthy partnership. Ask yourself is he willing to do that?

mrsturtle

Hello , Please forgive me for replying on the wrong thread! I was trying to respond to jellybean’s post. I don’t post here very often but do read weekly. Please let us know how we can help you, I am well.
Can the moderator move this to Jillybean’s thread? Again I do apologize for any confusion.