BLOCK content on iPad / iPhone

Hello gentlemen.

If you have activated "Filter adult contents" in "screen time" on your iOS-device and it WORKS for you then please DO NOT read this post.

But if you know how to bypass the Screen time settings - even if protected with a 4-digit code, then this post may help you.

You see, for the past few years, you have been able to use your Apple-ID to reset the 4-digit screen time code, even if you choose "skip" when prompted to type your AppleID while setting the code. You can always choose "I forgot the code" and then reset it with your AppleID, and your iOS device will be right at your service - making it possible for you to go back to those places, you know you want to avoid.

This issue bothered me for a while, but I have found a solution. I can not find a way to bypass it - and if one of you guys can think of a way around this trick, PLEASE DO NOT TELL US in this forum. We do not want to go to those websites.

So here is the trick:
Beside your normal AppleID, you will need an extra AppleID. You must now know the password for this extra AppleID. If you can use your wife's, your friend's or any other person that you trust's AppleID then it will be perfect.

Go to "Screen Time" on you iOS device.
Select Set/Change Screen Time Passcode
Select a 4-digit code and re-enter it when prompted.
Now you are prompted to enter your AppleID (in case you should forget to code). If you choose skip, you will be able ro reset the code using your normal AppleID. We do not want this. So you type the extra AppleID - and the password that belongs to it. (or your wife or friend types it for you). And that's it: Now you cannot reset the screen time passcode using your own AppleID.

You may need to create a "Dummy-AppleID" for this purpose. This is what I did:
First of all, you need an email-adress that you can't access afterwards:
I created [email protected] (whatever - just something you absolutely cannot remember) It doesn't have to be gmail - any mail provider will work.
and for password I used a similar difficult one.

Now you are ready to create a new appleID
You use the "dummy-email" that you just created as your appleID. I used the same password for the AppleID and the gmail. Doesn't matter - as long as you can't remember it. You need to access you "dummy-email" shortly in order to create the AppleID.

Once you have created your new AppleID you can use it when setting the screen-time code.

Once you have done this, you can flush the name of your new AppleID and it's password down the toilet. Or (this is what I did) you can keep it in a safe place that is difficult to access). I keep mine at work, since I don't really trigger at work. So when I have cravings at home I will need to get in my car and drive 12 miles to get the information. That should give me time enough to think....

This helps me. I hope it will help you too.

Stay safe.

Daybyday1988

thanks for sharing. Although I use a blocking software, im glad that you are seeing the value in having some type of mechanism to block accessing explicit material. Our brains are just too addicted to resist at first, we need to build up our Prefrontal Cortex in order to control the urges, which takes a good amount of time being abstinent in order to obtain and this is a good way to help. thanks again

-DbD