For a life worth living

AJ7

Day 18

bummed that I inconvenienced a lot of my coworkers today with a mistake I made. been overwhelmed lately and escaping sounds so good but I have to build coping strategies.

AJ7

Day 20

Feeling a little vulnerable right now so I figured I would get a post in. Getting the urge to scroll through YouTube and let my guard down. I think it’s just tiredness though. I’ll make it a point to keep my phone in a separate room and go to bed early tonight.

AJ7

Day 21

Had a turning point this morning as I found myself drifting close to the edge. I was wrestling with some urges for awhile and I kept picking my phone up and putting it down right away several times. I had a big urge to look up some more tattoo ideas knowing I would eventually stumble upon some triggering content. Finally I got up and thought about how I was turning 30 this June and how it would feel so good not to drag this bullshit into my 30s. At that point I decided I wasn’t going to give in. Once my mind realized I wasn’t taking the bait, I felt the energy transform into something positive. I was suddenly in an up beat mood. I started cleaning my breakfast dishes and headed out the door with some pep in my step!

Kraken

Day 21

Had a turning point this morning as I found myself drifting close to the edge. I was wrestling with some urges for awhile and I kept picking my phone up and putting it down right away several times. I had a big urge to look up some more tattoo ideas knowing I would eventually stumble upon some triggering content. Finally I got up and thought about how I was turning 30 this June and how it would feel so good not to drag this bullshit into my 30s. At that point I decided I wasn’t going to give in. Once my mind realized I wasn’t taking the bait, I felt the energy transform into something positive. I was suddenly in an up beat mood. I started cleaning my breakfast dishes and headed out the door with some pep in my step!
That’s awesome dude, well done!

AJ7

Day 0

@Hunter_ I appreciate you checking up on me.

Had a rough weekend that carried over into the week. I feel like it boils down to emotional mismanagement and not being able to properly detach from the week.

Saturday in particular was a high risk situation for me. It was cold and raining outside and I was carrying some work stress from the week. This resulted in some depression and the desire to just turn my brain off and mindlessly scroll through some apps and I felt this heavy weight of gloominess I couldn’t shake.

I was playing with fire. Browsing P-sub territory for awhile and that pulled the thread that led to PMOing for the past few days.

I have to find alternatives since my unwinding process has been heavily dependent on PMO

A few things I could have done differently are turn my phone off and put it away for awhile. Read/journal/mediate. Reach out on here with a post and not isolate.

A positive to note is that I did reach out to a good friend of mine just to catch up. This did get my mind off of everything for a little while and is something I’ll have to put in my tool bag for the future.

I’m ready to get back on track and stop wasting time.

Hunter_

I can understand. Yes, sometimes things go out of our hand; however, it always possible to comeback more stronger by analysing and replacing our weakest links.

Take relapse as an opportunity to reflect on those part you want to improve rather than considering it as defeat/failure.

A positive to note is that I did reach out to a good friend of mine just to catch up. This did get my mind off of everything for a little while and is something I’ll have to put in my tool bag for the future.

That sounds great 😃, All the best.

AJ7

I can understand. Yes, sometimes things go out of our hand; however, it always possible to comeback more stronger by analysing and replacing our weakest links.

Take relapse as an opportunity to reflect on those part you want to improve rather than considering it as defeat/failure.

That sounds great 😃, All the best.
Thank you friend 🙏

TypeN

Day 0

@Hunter_ I appreciate you checking up on me.

Had a rough weekend that carried over into the week. I feel like it boils down to emotional mismanagement and not being able to properly detach from the week.

Saturday in particular was a high risk situation for me. It was cold and raining outside and I was carrying some work stress from the week. This resulted in some depression and the desire to just turn my brain off and mindlessly scroll through some apps and I felt this heavy weight of gloominess I couldn’t shake.

I was playing with fire. Browsing P-sub territory for awhile and that pulled the thread that led to PMOing for the past few days.

I have to find alternatives since my unwinding process has been heavily dependent on PMO

A few things I could have done differently are turn my phone off and put it away for awhile. Read/journal/mediate. Reach out on here with a post and not isolate.

Wishing you a smooth restart, AJ7. You've been doing so well since joining the forum -- it's quite inspiring!

Anyhow, it's great that you're conscious of the triggers that led you there and thinking about how to form good new habits. Keep it up man.