Cold showers

Shodan

I know this is taboo for some people and a lot of discomfort to even consider BUT start the day with a cold shower. Start with 10 seconds and then work your way up.

Ever wondered why God filled the oceans with cold water? So we could bathe in them and reap the long term rewards. Warm/hot water cleanses and exfoliates the body but cold water cleanses and exfoliates the brain and IT REALLY DOES WORK.

When I took my first cold shower 3 years ago I could barely wet my legs without jumping out after five seconds and running into bed literally. Then one day I realised how I can level myself up and beat the cold, by facing the shower head and screaming at the top of my lungs “IS THAT ALL YOUVE FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOT!” and truth is, that IS all it had! The water was JUST cold, not painful, cold. Uncomfortable, yes but that is all. After two weeks of barely two minutes underneath the cold water I challenged myself to see how long I could stand the cold before I had to get out and I only got out after 28 minutes of alpine water - I say ‘alpine’ because this was in the middle of November when the pipes are near frozen - I had to get out because I couldn’t feel my feet. This was also months after I first got started on my near 2 year reboot.

There is something so empowering about choosing to get underneath a cold shower head first thing in the morning, there is also nothing in my day (even flatlining) that is as harsh as cold water slamming against my bare skin. Anything in my day to day be it work or otherwise that would normally annoy me becomes water off a ducks back. I’ve already put myself in the harshest physical AND mental circumstance available by CHOOSING to allow cold water to attack my nervous system. I say ‘attack’ because at first that is how it feels, as if the cold is pushing you out of a shower that normally embraces you with warm or hot water.

I was Skeptical at first because I was uneducated and inexperienced but it takes the mind RIGHT OFF PMO and fantasies and literally forces one to stay present and deal with the current reality - COLD WATER SLAMMING AGAINST THE SKIN. There is nothing so uncomfortable yet also nothing as empowering on this planet. I like to think I’m a pro at it now and even if I have had the best scrub of my life I don’t feel as if I’ve taken ‘a shower’ UNLESS I’ve gone through what I like to call a ‘DEEP COOL’.

And I’m back here, on day two of my last reboot (I say last because through my resolve I won’t need to do this again and that is a fact) I’m switching it up and taking two a day 8mins on each end - morning and night after training!

If you can force yourself to do it in the morning before you start your day then all else that follows will be a walk in the park. Try it - trust me, you will thank yourself afterwards!

TryingHarder

I also have become a fan of cold showers, but my technique is different. :) I start off the shower warm, then reduce to luke warm while I wash and rinse. Then I make it cold for the last 30 seconds or so. Face, chest, back, butt, repeat. It's crazy and exhilarating, and definitely lifts my mood, even if only for a few minutes.

Shodan

Each will have different approach to it, but the results of a cold water thrashing is the same, it calms the mind soothes the soul. Glad to hear you’re getting it in daily, it can only help going forwards my friend.

Keep it up and keep going.

Godspeed

SmokenMirrors

I know this is taboo for some people and a lot of discomfort to even consider BUT start the day with a cold shower. Start with 10 seconds and then work your way up.

Ever wondered why God filled the oceans with cold water? So we could bathe in them and reap the long term rewards. Warm/hot water cleanses and exfoliates the body but cold water cleanses and exfoliates the brain and IT REALLY DOES WORK.

When I took my first cold shower 3 years ago I could barely wet my legs without jumping out after five seconds and running into bed literally. Then one day I realised how I can level myself up and beat the cold, by facing the shower head and screaming at the top of my lungs “IS THAT ALL YOUVE FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOT!” and truth is, that IS all it had! The water was JUST cold, not painful, cold. Uncomfortable, yes but that is all. After two weeks of barely two minutes underneath the cold water I challenged myself to see how long I could stand the cold before I had to get out and I only got out after 28 minutes of alpine water - I say ‘alpine’ because this was in the middle of November when the pipes are near frozen - I had to get out because I couldn’t feel my feet. This was also months after I first got started on my near 2 year reboot.

There is something so empowering about choosing to get underneath a cold shower head first thing in the morning, there is also nothing in my day (even flatlining) that is as harsh as cold water slamming against my bare skin. Anything in my day to day be it work or otherwise that would normally annoy me becomes water off a ducks back. I’ve already put myself in the harshest physical AND mental circumstance available by CHOOSING to allow cold water to attack my nervous system. I say ‘attack’ because at first that is how it feels, as if the cold is pushing you out of a shower that normally embraces you with warm or hot water.

I was Skeptical at first because I was uneducated and inexperienced but it takes the mind RIGHT OFF PMO and fantasies and literally forces one to stay present and deal with the current reality - COLD WATER SLAMMING AGAINST THE SKIN. There is nothing so uncomfortable yet also nothing as empowering on this planet. I like to think I’m a pro at it now and even if I have had the best scrub of my life I don’t feel as if I’ve taken ‘a shower’ UNLESS I’ve gone through what I like to call a ‘DEEP COOL’.

And I’m back here, on day two of my last reboot (I say last because through my resolve I won’t need to do this again and that is a fact) I’m switching it up and taking two a day 8mins on each end - morning and night after training!

If you can force yourself to do it in the morning before you start your day then all else that follows will be a walk in the park. Try it - trust me, you will thank yourself afterwards!
Cold showers work wonders! Just make sure you take them before weight training, not after. It messes with the inflammation process so you don't put on as much muscle

Shodan

Morning brothers, I just wanted to share a gem I discovered for myself personally recently, perhaps some of you have discovered it too regarding cold water therapy.

I’ve been taking cold showers twice a day for the past 3 and a half years now, even during PMO just out of pure habit. And what I love about the impeding Autumn is the water starts to get very cold - love it!

But what I wanted to share is this, last night I jumped straight into a cold one, no warm or hot water at all just straight cold. And without the warm massaging me and relaxing my
mind I felt the true shock of it, I only felt it but I didn’t react with panic-breathing as it were. I believe I’m well past that stage now. I stayed under the shower head face first for about 30 seconds and then I turned the shower head away from my body for 30 seconds. That gave my mind a little time to adjust and calm itself before I went back under and when I did I barely felt the cold. So much so that I stayed underneath that water for 48 minutes which is 22 minutes longer than I ever have before. I only felt the need to get out when my balls were aching badly because of the cold and my manhood had all but disappeared 🤣🤣🤣. Now I’ve always been quite extreme by nature, I like to push my limits to find out what they are so I’m not suggesting anybody do the same as me however there is no harm in it whatsoever. What I suggest is, for those of us deliberately undertaking the discomfort of the cold try soaking your body for 30 and either step out or turn the shower head away for 30 and then go back under. I couldn’t believe the difference it made to, the mental adjustment was crazy!! How quickly it was!! I got out of the shower and slept like a baby from the moment I hit the pillow, honestly it was nuts. As you can imagine, after that long being sterilised by tje

kopp

Morning brothers, I just wanted to share a gem I discovered for myself personally recently, perhaps some of you have discovered it too regarding cold water therapy.

I’ve been taking cold showers twice a day for the past 3 and a half years now, even during PMO just out of pure habit. And what I love about the impeding Autumn is the water starts to get very cold - love it!

But what I wanted to share is this, last night I jumped straight into a cold one, no warm or hot water at all just straight cold. And without the warm massaging me and relaxing my
mind I felt the true shock of it, I only felt it but I didn’t react with panic-breathing as it were. I believe I’m well past that stage now. I stayed under the shower head face first for about 30 seconds and then I turned the shower head away from my body for 30 seconds. That gave my mind a little time to adjust and calm itself before I went back under and when I did I barely felt the cold. So much so that I stayed underneath that water for 48 minutes which is 22 minutes longer than I ever have before. I only felt the need to get out when my balls were aching badly because of the cold and my manhood had all but disappeared 🤣🤣🤣. Now I’ve always been quite extreme by nature, I like to push my limits to find out what they are so I’m not suggesting anybody do the same as me however there is no harm in it whatsoever. What I suggest is, for those of us deliberately undertaking the discomfort of the cold try soaking your body for 30 and either step out or turn the shower head away for 30 and then go back under. I couldn’t believe the difference it made to, the mental adjustment was crazy!! How quickly it was!! I got out of the shower and slept like a baby from the moment I hit the pillow, honestly it was nuts. As you can imagine, after that long being sterilised by tje
Awesome man, that's impressive! I remember staying 8 minutes under the cold water and it was awesome. I also take cold showers and I'm excited about the winter coming back :)

Shodan

Awesome man, that's impressive! I remember staying 8 minutes under the cold water and it was awesome. I also take cold showers and I'm excited about the winter coming back :)
Yeah cold water is awesome!! God knew what he was doing when he filled the oceans with the cold stuff! 8 mins is still very impressive my friend!