Did you find a partner? I just posted that I need one.Hi I'm 42 married for 2 years we have a 1 year old daughter. I've been seeing a counsellor for 2 years to help me with my porn addiction. I haven't watched porn in 6 months now, I'm looking for a accountability partner to tell when I have urges, which is most days. I need someone on here I can go on my phone and message and tell when I'm triggered and want to watch porn. Currently I tell my wife and use her as an accountability partner but, she doesn't like it when I tell her I've been fantasizing about other women so, I'm looking for another accountability partner I can lean on as well as support and help
Hey NWPA, I'm looking out for an accountability partner too...Hi I'm 42 married for 2 years we have a 1 year old daughter. I've been seeing a counsellor for 2 years to help me with my porn addiction. I haven't watched porn in 6 months now, I'm looking for a accountability partner to tell when I have urges, which is most days. I need someone on here I can go on my phone and message and tell when I'm triggered and want to watch porn. Currently I tell my wife and use her as an accountability partner but, she doesn't like it when I tell her I've been fantasizing about other women so, I'm looking for another accountability partner I can lean on as well as support and help
Did you find someone? I'm curious if you're 66 or 42. These back to back posts seems to be from the same profile!I’m 66 and need an accountability partner. I had success a few years ago, but the addiction gradually took hold again.
PS Aside from the massive wasting of time the main physical issue with me has been PIED.Hi everyone, I'm 45, on day 3, rock bottom, wife might leave me. I'm looking for an accountability partner, I guess if possible also in trouble with wife/partner. Please help!
I’m no longer looking for an active partner, as I’m only visiting weekly. As for my age I don’t put accurate identity info on the internet. Why, are you looking for someone to talk to?Did you find someone? I'm curious if you're 66 or 42. These back to back posts seems to be from the same profile!
I’m 49**Accountability Partner Request Thread**
What is an "accountability partner?" = Accountability partners are pairs who hold each other responsible for their sexual habits - someone who commits to supporting and following you along the process of rebooting.
Why get an accountability partner? A few reasons...
1) As the forum grows it will be hard to keep track of everyone's journals. If you are busy, having a partner will keep things fast and simple. The days you have more time, you can venture off into other journals of course, but if you have a partner you can easily give consistent support and help each other, without becoming overwhelmed by numerous entries.
2) Giving/receiving support during the reboot process is highly beneficial, and if you can consistently do so that is even better. Knowing there is someone who is in this reboot process with you can be very calming and soothing. Knowing you are not alone is very helpful, and it is the truth.
3) You will have someone to relate to. Someone who understands some, if not most, of what you describe during your reboot, and who will be trucking along Recovery Road with you, cheering you on when times are bad, and celebrating with you when positive steps are taken.
*RULES FOR ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS*
1) Partners will post IN EACH OTHER'S JOURNAL, or if needed through private messages. This is very important, as your reboot account will remain all in one place, and the forum will not be broken down further into smaller, not as active sections. Ask for a partner in this thread, then once you have one, follow each other's journals and post there!
2) The main forum rules still apply in accountability partner posts. We will be positive and supportive and not push anything on each other. To review the rules go here: *FORUM RULES*
3) You can have more than one accountability partner, but PLEASE avoid doing this unless you are sure you have enough time to be of help to multiple people. The last thing a rebooter needs is a partner quitting on them halfway through their reboot and leaving them feeling abandoned. However, if a situation comes up where you no longer can be a partner (we all know life happens), please let your partner know so they can come back to this thread and request another partner!
4) If your partner relapses, do NOT shame or criticize. This will do no good. Instead offer advice or a different perspective of looking at the situation. Tough love is all right, a personal attack is not. If you have offered all the advice you can give and they keep slipping, you don't have to say anything, just be there for support and reassure them that they can in fact, recover, as many others have before them.
5) Encourage each other to learn as much as possible about this addiction. When you learn something new on this site or YBOP, share it with your partner. The more you know, the better the advice you can give your accountability partner. The better understanding you have of how porn can re-wire and actually numb your brain, hopefully the less desirable porn will become (as happened for me). Then you can come up with a plan of action. In my experience, knowledge is power for rebooters.
6) Just post a comment with a few things about your situation/life/reboot status and request a partner. But first go through earlier comments and see if anyone needs one.
7) After you get a partner please "modify/update" your request post at the top saying you now have a partner. This will save people time who are searching for a partner.
Keep it simple. We are ALL in this together.
Thanks and I hope the best for everyone,
HiI am just revisiting this site after a long hiatus. I never really participated much but I first became aware of this concept over a year ago. Deep down I've always suspected that my porn use was at the center of my life struggles. At least it hasn't been making anything better.
So, I am prepared to let it go ....and seriously. I think I need an accountability partner to give me the edge I need.
I am a 49 year old, divorced, gay father of 4. I come from a rather strict religious background so I've had large periods of time in my life when I haven't viewed porn or even masturbated. Now that I no longer subscribe to the same beliefs, it is all "morally" OK so I've kind of been on a binge. I want to stop porn because I believe it's the wise thing to do for me right now, not because I believe it's morally sinful.
HiI'm not exactly how this is supposed to work, but I am looking for an AP. About me, I am an openly gay 43 year-old man, just so you guys know where I'm coming from. Thanks.
Hey I’m just starting…I've started my reboot and I am committed to my recovery. I have been following some journals and participating in others and my own recovery but it would be nice to have a dedicated accountability partner. I use support where I can find it but I am ultimately responsible for my own reboot.
I have found that I have been connecting with men of across the board in this shared community but I relate on other life experiences as:
-a gay man
-a secular Jew (no God here)
-a WeHo or gay ghetto/boystown resident
-someone whose sexual awakening occurred in or around the early 1980's as AIDS was taking root
If you are new here and looking for someone that will challenge you in your recovery and you are up to the challenge, please reach out!
HeyI'm looking for an AP to help me through the reboot. I prefer someone in the same boat as I am (single, atheist, gay), but if you are not and you are okay with all three of these facets of me, I would be willing to partner up. I hope to hear from someone. Thanks, guys.
HeyHi. I am a 41 year old single male looking for an accountability partner. Been watching porn since I was 12 years old got myself into the high speed Internet the last few years were I got severe pied. Been off porn now for a year and seen little in progress. Very knowledgeable with many of the problems we have been reading and watching a lot of videos on this stuff. Maybe I could give you a hand to bring you into a new step in your life. Please message back. Not sure how you supposed to message people here.