A new era around the corner..

Dancing_Monkey

Hi, everyone!

I want to introduce myself and my situation and seek for some support if necessary

I'm 22 years old and started using P at the age of 13 yo. It's since a week that I know that P. is really bad and for many men it's an addiction.
I, myself am all about taking control of my own life, never smoked, never did drugs and I stopped consuming alcohol five and a half year ago. I considered myself as ' totaly in charge'.

As for now; When I got confronted with my bad habit, I stopped. Today is day 10, It's already difficult. I have an occasional girlfriend who've I had sex with the 6th day, so I look forward to be with her again. That way I can let some steam of.

I'm already seeing small improvements in life; normally I have difficulties talking to women whom I attracted to. This weekend I didn't have any problems with going up to very beautiful ones. Normally my fear consists of getting rejected. Now, I have the caveman-willpower on my side :) . It's the extra push I need. I also feel more manly than ever before and I feel other people sense it too.

The timing of me discovering this knowledge couldn't be timed better, since last month I'm trying getting in touch with my spiritual side by reading holy books of several religions and philosophies. It's helps me keeping my focus. And if there are any guys of you who also want to get more deeply in touch with the meaning of life; at the end of June Ramadan ( Fasting period for Muslims) starts and I will participate for the first time. With purpose to connect to my deeper side and gain a lot more focus and discipline over my desires. If there are guys of you who want to do the same, let me know!

Thanks for reading my first post!

SETI

Hello and welcome to the Nation!

Desires are not bad if you ask me. They appear in the mind and disturb us, sure, but they can't do anything on their own. We do the bidding of desire and that I feel is what one needs to change to have true discipline.

I highly recommend a book called "Rebel Buddha" written by Dzogchen Ponlop. He is a buddhist teacher, but if you are curious you could get some new ideas from that one.

Keep us updated and best wishes on your journey!

Dancing_Monkey

Thank you!

You're correct in your opinion about desire :)

I searched some reviews of the book Rebel Buddha and It's one of the books I will read

Thanks for the recommand ;)

15 days :) still alot of temptation, but I'm heading the right way !!

Taka

Good thing you joined the community. Hope you will find here all the help and info you need. The worst temptation of all for me is being home alone with my computer. So get outside whenever you can especially if you feel desire. You have a good streak going so keep at it :)