One day is a time.

GBS

Respected Member
@Alexey - do you know the “three second rule”? You can look (not stare or ogle) at a woman for three seconds maximum, then you just carry on with your life. I know it sounds a screwed rule, but I have applied it and it really helps.

Keep going

Freerider

Keep going! Is it helping to set some goals what to do also, although Not to pmo is on main focus? All good for you anf your reboot!

Reactions: GBS

Alexey

Leaked today. Also I have to admit I viewed P pics one time after the last visit. It started occasionally, yet I didn't stop at once.

So I've done 10 days without O.

Now I have to be especially careful.

Alexey

I’ve fallen down yesterday in spite of being self warned. So now I should and already begin to impose some limitations on myself. Limit screen time: an hour without devices in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Going for a walk with the gadget off is said to be rather restoring, so everyday walking or running is scheduled.

Don't forget to journal regularly at least in the near days – they may be slippy.

Global motivation is essential. Well, I’m unemployed now. Good motivation is to prepare and apply for a new job.

Possibly I’m not going to change myself radically, since I’ve already mentioned all these things, but at least they help temporarily and living with long streaks is better anyway.

0 days no PMO

Last edited:

Alexey

1 day no PMO

Keep a schedule, no valuable urges. Bad sleep, however, but that was predictable since I’m still unbalanced and recovery is going to be eventual.

The nearest goal is to stay clean for 3 days.

Why did I fail? I’m unemployed and some of my previously scheduled activities ended. I stayed alone at home with quite a lot of spare time. So keeping myself busy seems essential these days. Also another setback on the intimate front added up.

I plan to go to the sea next week, after that I plan to begin to prepare for employment.

One day is a Time

Alexey

Addictions seem to be interrelated. And the Internet is full of potential ones: for example, watching shorts on YouTube. That's why I'm so obsessed about cutting screen time. This way some seemingly harmless activity may lead to PMO in my experience. In the core any addiction is from dopamine, and once you're getting dopamine for too much and too long you're on the slippery slope.

By the way, someone wrote that a number of folks here like extreme sports. I'm not against it, yet want to make a note: that is again a way of getting a dopamine boost.

As for me, I don't have any substantial urges these days. Continue cutting screen time. Yesterday I attended a badminton competition and supported a buddy there (he turned out to be second in pairs!), and this morning I went to a yoga session. So I'm socializing, in general.

2 days no PMO

@Ezel Great to hear from you. Keep on the track. Occasional setbacks don't have to change the overall direction.

One day is a Time

Alexey

Had a sexualized night dream, without O this time, however. The sleep was not bad, which is essential, since I’m habitually fantasizing when I can’t sleep.

Felt bored yesterday evening which could be a trigger. When restoring it’s important to get busy. It’s better to plan activities in advance, and be social. For example, regular running races (my case).

3 days no PMO

3 days was my goal, the next goal is to stay clean till this Friday (6 days) when I’m leaving for a yoga tour. In my experience it's unlikely I’ll be at risk there, so it may be a good clean run!

One day is a Time

Alexey

Had a wet dream last night.

So now I'm more vulnerable and should be attentive to urges -- they may come through the back door, via seemingly harmless activity. Should plan and occupy my day thoroughly, cut screen time. Yet not over-stress myself at the same time. Keep in mind that NoFAP is my number one goal these days, more important than job, sport or even some attractive girl.

More concretely, today I plan to occupy myself with a job (while I’m unemployed, I received notices for the last accepted job, and want to consider it). Also I plan to go for a walk with my smartphone off, turn off my smartphone an hour before going to bed, reading, drinking/eating instead.

5 days no PM. 0 days no O.

One day is a Time

Alexey

Having long streaks with occasional setbacks is not so bad, as I already wrote. But what's lacking to refuse radically?

Supposedly, the reason is my uncertainty about sex. I don’t have it for long, but, at the same time, I’m not ready to refuse forever or for far more than, let’s say, 90 days. And as probably the typical long time fapper I’m rather inexperienced and timid in building relationships. Not a young age adds up.
Short relationships for the sake of sex or sex for money besides being socially unapproved probably don’t differ much from P. But maybe I can try.

Didn’t have big urges the last few days, but tend to feel bored however.

6 days no PM, 24+ hours no O.

One day is a Time